• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota terrova vs. Powerdrive

mrjigger

I am in the market for a new bow mount trolling motor. Looking at either the terrova or power drive v2 with all the bells and whistles including I-pilot. I have heard pretty good things about the I-pilot.

I have a 17' boat with a full windshield. Looking at a 24v model, so 80lb terrova or 70lb powerdrive.

The terrova is about $300 more. Has a different foot pedal and stow/deploy system. Also 10lbs more thrust.

Is it worth the additional $300?

Thanks

If your going with the I Pilot then yes well worth the extra money, the V-2 you can't use the pedal and the remote, with the Terrova you have both options, plus the extra 10# is nice to have when needed. Not sure about the controls on the v2 but on the Terrova, power, AP,ect are all a toe tap away.

It looks to me like you get the ipilot for the extra 350 dollars, if I read the web pages correctly.

And the Terrova is much easier to deploy and stow, at least compared to my version one powerdrive.

If you want all the bells and whistles including I-Pilot, Terrova is your only option.

With a Powerdrive, you can't use the foot pedal with the I-Pilot... Terrova you can.

I-Pilot excluded from the discussion, I'd rather have the Terrova's foot pedal any day of the week over the Powerdrive.

Terrova hands down. Especially with ipilot, and if you are spending that much, why not get the best available? Consider future upgrades, Terrova would be much more compatible then Powerdrive, making it easier in the long run.

I've got the Terrova 80lb with ipilot. Best feature of my boat I love with Humminbird sideimaging a close second.

Worth every penny. Get the Terrova. I have a 17"2" G3 walkthru, it came with a 70 powerdrive. When they came out with the I-Pilot I added that myself. Did not like it so I sold it and got the 80# Terrova with I-Pilot.

#1 stow and deploy way better

#2 can't use the foot control on powerdrive

#3 10 lbs. thrust made a big differace on my boat

#4 $100.00 rebate from Minn Kota till may

A freind just got a 80# 60"shaft I-Pilot at the Fargo show, Reeds had a special and with the Minn Kota rebate cost him $1200.00, not a bad deal.Check the sports show in Minneapolis end of the month.

I'm looking at the same thing. I spoke to the Minnkota rep at the Big 'C' store sale this past weekend and side to side showed me the major differences. He says they sell about 60/40 in favor of the Terrova.

If you get the PowerDrive with the i-Pilot right now you get a $50 rebate, or $100 rebate if you get the Terrova with the i-Pilot.

I like the Terrova better too, although I am in the minority as I have never had any complaints with the stow/deploy on the PowerDrive --- and I actually prefer the PowerDrive's smaller foot control over the Terrova's. Which is irrelevant if you're going with i-Pilot since the PowerDrive foot pedal can no longer be connected to the motor.