• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA Broadmoor - Final 5

scsavre

Here are the pairings.

UND vs MT

Denver vs MSU

UNO vs BSU-

UMD vs SCSU

Minnesota vs AA

CC vs Wisconsin-Wisconsin season ends next week

I think the Gophers came out as good as they could with the pairing of AA. I did not want CC or cloud until STP.

Wow Duluth vs Cloud, I am feeling bad for UMD right now. 2 losses and they might not even make the NCAA. CC and Wis is a good one too.

I could see Denver dropping a game to Mank.

Nice to see the stinking Sioux have 2 controlled scrimmages prior to STP. Sioux comes out flat friday night in the tourny.

Here's my question. You have 12 teams first round. They go to six in St Paul. Do the top two teams get a bye or does 5 and 6 seed team play each other to see who #5 team will be?

I guess you could have team3 play team6 and team4 play team5. The winners go on to play team1 and 2. It will be interesting to see how they do it.

Gonna be interesting, that's for sure. UMD drew the nightmare matchup w/ St Cloud, good job guys! If they lose the home ice series they don't belong in the NCAA's anyway (nor would they win). We might as well start over next year with McNeely being our new goalie, Reiter has not been the same goalie this year as last.

Bottom three matchups could prove interesting. I agree that the Badgers are probably finished.

I feel for you. UND would have had the same problem with Eidness turning into a sieve if it had not been for Aaron Dell stepping up. Without Dell on UND I'm not sure where that team would be. It sure wouldn't be in the top five or ten even.

Here's my picks for the first round WCHA

UND vs MT-I predict Matt Frattin to score more goals than Michigan scores all weekend smile

UMD vs SCSU-SCSU sorry Solbes have to have an upset somewhere

AA vs Minnesota-Minnesota

CC vs Wisconsin-CC

UNO vs BSU-UNO

Mankato vs Denver-Denver

GO BEMIDJI!!!!!!!

I hope they win. They have 3-0-1 record against UNO. I just know Dean Blais could get his team to play really well when it matters. He's done it with so many different teams in the past from College hockey to USA Junior medals to the USHL league.

Where's the Tech sweep predictions? Could happen...

No upsets predicted by me, although I wouldn't be surprised by a St Cloud series win.

UND-MTU: UND sweep

UMD-SCSU: UMD in 3

UM-AA: Gophers in 3

CC-Wis: CC in 3

UNO-BSU: UNO Sweep

DU-MSU: Denver Sweep

Yeah I wish SCSU didn't have to play UMD. I would have liked to have seen both of those teams in St. Paul. I like SCSU's chances but UMD is real tough.

So I hope SCSU can make it to St. Paul and that the Bulldogs still make the NCAA's. Best of both worlds.

Where's the Tech sweep predictions? Could happen...

I already lost that bet, time to focus on the new one. Dropping a game to Tech could be small indicator of the Sioux unraveling in the playoffs.

To techs credit UND didn't blow them out. They actually trail going into the 2nd. They had good goaltending. Crazy what good goaltending can change in a game. UND won 3-1 but one was a emty netter.

Read this on Schlossman HSOforum. CC and Wisconsin will play there third game today to decide the final six teams for WCHA's final five games. Either CC or Wisconsin will face AA 7:07 on Thursday. The winner of that will face UND 7:07 Friday. Denver a #2 seed gets a bye and will face the winner of the BSU/UMD game which will be at 3:37 on Thursday. Denver and the winner will play at 2:07 on Friday.

I think I read somewhere there isn't a third place game. So its one and done tourament.

I already lost that bet, time to focus on the new one. Dropping a game to Tech could be small indicator of the Sioux unraveling in the playoffs.

Ah well, you could get your wish even though you blew two calls in a row. Sioux could still unravel.

So how do you think the Beavers will travel, and no I am not asking if they will walk. Do you think any of those fans will show up....I think that new rink is going to house some of the rowdiest fans in years to come. Just not sure if they have any real fans, and Alumni like me, seem to still like Gophs, dogs etc.

I am pulling for Beaves, I went there to play hockey as a last resort. Lived with a bunch of guys from the team. When I was there hockey was decent, but they never had good fans. Seemed like any hockey people still liked the Gophers. But now with a rink, a WCHA membership and a few decent years. Maybe they will get some fans. Theres some alum in the cities and I know they still attend a football game or 2, but I am not sure about the hockey this weekend. I am hopping they start to get into it.

Crummy draw for St. Paul. What do you think the chances are that the FF leaves for another venue?

We have great seats and a great group of 8 who have been going like 8 or 9 years. It's nice when we don't have to travel to far.

Its not going anywhere. No where else is going to put on a better show or have better attendance. I think it is contracted for a few more years anyway.

The sioux and the Dogs will show up. If Wisc makes it, they bring a few people. Bemidji will bring a few hundred.AA will have a few people, parents and families etc....

What you have to hope for is some locals that will go to all the games.

It just seems like people dont care as much without the Gophs.....