• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lost Vizsla!!!

SalmonSlayer

Hello everyone. My breeder forwarded me this email. If you could just keep an eye out that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sndy Kimerlee's Vizsla dog, Aedan is lost. He got lose from the fence in their yard.

Aedan is not wearing a collar and was spotted running in the neighborhood.

Sandy lives on the west side of Bloomington, off Old Shakopee Road at Kentucky Avenue South in Bloomington.

If found or spotted, please contact Mary Olson, who is helping in the search at 612-419-2763.

I will send another email when he is either spotted or found.

Please feel free to forward to anyone who may live in the area.

Ahhh Mannnn! I'll keep my eyes open for Aeden!! Although he lives a few miles from me, he does live very close to the dog park I take my pair of V's to. I'm guessing Sandy has thought of that, but if not, might be a good place to check or ask around. Lots of caring eyes over there might have seen Aeden. Wish I was able to go over there now. Keep us posted SS.

Ramzi is from the Star and Major litter from 2009. He just turned 2 four days ago.

Sounds like Star just had her 3rd and final litter not long ago.

And an update on the missing dog. Today he was spotted around the Pax Christi Church Area in Eden Prairie. This church is located at 12100 Pioneer Trail (Staring Lake / Flying Cloud area)

I wish I would have seen this yesterday. Gave this information to a co-worker that lives across the street from the church in EP and he said he saw a stray vizsla taking a grumpy in a neighbors yard yesterday. Had he known he would have tried to corral it at the time. He'll keep an eye out for it this weekend.

It's cold out there. Hopefully this will come to a quick resolution.

Sent info Sat morning on the general area where my co-worker spotted a similar dog. I then jumped in the truck and drove up and down each of the neighborhood roads twice looking for tracks or hoping to see him. It was snowing so they would have to be fresh tracks if there were any.

Hopefully someone has some good news for us.

I got to thinking about something I read, I think on here, a while back. Someone suggested putting something with your sent in the last know area. Something the dog will recognize and can return to.

I think the story was, if you lose a dog while hunting, leave your jacket in the area. It gives the dog something familiar to return to with on good strong scented location.

I got the info on the location. The searchers were in that area but I haven't heard if they found anything, since there has been no word I assume they didn't find anything or get another sighting reported.

I looked at satellite maps of that area and it looks like there is a fair amount of wooded/swamp land that he could be hiding in. Hopefully he's just holed up trying to stay warm.

Aeden was found today.

Aedan the vizsla was found walking in the road near Sandy and Art's home today by a Good Samaritan, looks like Aedan was almost home when the person saw him and stopped and picked him up.

The person took him to the pound and the pound was aware he was missing and contacted Sandy immediately. Sandy is on the way to the vet with Aedan now. To say she is immensely relieved is an understatement.

He is severely dehydrated and his feet are swollen. He survived temps that went below zero and some pretty nasty below zero wind chills over the last 6 days.

Thanks to all that sent positive thoughts his way. Thanks for helping bring Aedan home!

Sandy will send out a note to everyone later tonite with an update on his condition and more specifics on how he was found.

Continue to send postive thoughts as he starts his road to recovery.