• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hang on or Climber

Toba

I have never seen a store that would let one use one to try out. Might be one but I have not seen where.

Scoot, if you want to try one out this fall, you can try out one of my Lone Wolf Sit and Climb models at the ranch.

Both the Summit and LW are very good, well built climbers. A friend of mine uses the Summit climbers and we had to remodel one so it woulds not squeak when you went to stand up.

I like how the Lone Wolf platform is a one piece welded unit as they do not make any noise at all. Downside to the LW is the price as they are not cheap.

Maybe you could find a friend with these models to try out.

Rippinlip- I live in near you and one of the farms I hunt is in Dundas. I bought a Summit Viper last year and love it. I don't know if you could try one at a store anywhere? If you ever are in the market for one, PM me and maybe I can help you out with trying a Viper...

Scoot, if you want to try one out this fall, you can try out one of my Lone Wolf Sit and Climb models at the ranch.

Thanks Tom, it was yours that I looked over pretty closely this past Fall. I'd love to hop in it and take it for a spin some time- thanks very much!

Quote:
Tracy, I just grabbed an '11 Lone Wolf catalog and extended traction belts are listed as available for the Sit & Climb, Hand Climber, & Assault Hand Climber. Part # RTBXL - Traction Belt XL.

That's good to know.

When I was checking for longer straps, I was specifically looking for straps for the climbing sticks and Alpha hang on stand though. When I was told they weren't available any longer I just shrugged my shoulders and said I'd just have to get some motorcycle tie downs then. The guy nodded and denied agreement.

Extenstion straps are available as well, item #RBE. This will add three feet of added strap length for hang on stands and sticks. smile

Rippinlip- I live in near you and one of the farms I hunt is in Dundas. I bought a Summit Viper last year and love it. I don't know if you could try one at a store anywhere? If you ever are in the market for one, PM me and maybe I can help you out with trying a Viper...

Sounds like a plan, I will give you a ring when some of this snow disappears.

Since you already have the sticks, definitely go with the tree saddle. I've never liked hang-on's as I don't feel safe in them even with a safety harness. I used a Summit Viper for a few years, and a Summit Titan for a few more. I got the saddle last year and I don't think I'll ever use another stand. Very comfortable, extremely safe, and I can move around the tree and shoot from any angle with it. I'm hooked for life on the tree saddle. Light weight, and I wear it into the woods.

I've used a climber to kill plenty of deer, 2 of which are my biggest. Climbers are a very valuable asset in my hunting. The main advice I can give with climbers is if you are going to get one SPEND THE MONEY. any one who has said they are noisy is either A.) using a cheap, loose, noisy climber, or B.) simply not smarter than the tree. The buck I killed this year came from my climber and I watched him stand up less than 70 yards from the tree I just climbed. Being Mid December EVERYTHING is louder in the cold. You have to take your time and watch what your doing. I knew that piece of woods very well and had stands hung in all the right spots, but i think by using my climber and going into a "fresh" spot I was able to surprise a deer that and would not have got him otherwise. I personally use the Summit Viper because when I started buying them Summit had a much better seat design for comfort. Lonewolf since came out with a re-designed seat but you have to be careful now, check out the 2009 lonewolfs and the present lonewolfs, they cheapened up there material and are starting to use a different platform(not nearly as nice, and creak in the cold) design. I still feel that Summit has the more comfortable and better design. As for your question RIPPINLIP you can go to specified dealers and "take the lonewolf challenge" and try out a stand free of charge.