• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops --- the Wii version

bobbymalone

Anybody play it? I have been mashing on it pretty hard the past few weeks and it's actually a lot better than what I thought it would be. Graphics are actually pretty good for a Wii game and it's kind of fun to use the zapper or wiimote and do a little point and shoot. Online play seems to run fairly smooth as well.

Before you reply:

Yes, I know the graphics aren't as good as the PS3 or Xbox versions.

Yes, I know that the Wii is not for hard core gamers.

Yes, I know I know it's superior on the PS3 or Xbox and I'll gladly play it on one of those systems if you want to give me $400 so I can buy one.

I have a Wii and make do. Thanks.

I had medal of honor for Wii (first online Wii shooter) and I had fun with it. My guess is Black Ops is MUCH improved over that game.

What I didn't like was moving around trying to use the zapper. It doesn't seem as fluid as an actual controller, but I did like using it as a gun.

My friend has B.O. for the wii.. I played it the other night. Boards are identical.. as you said, the graphics are not nearly as good, but good enough. There are no kill cams, which is nice at times. And less players.. I think only 8 people per board if I remember right? or am I wrong?.. That said, it was fun.

I had COD3 when I had my Wii, thought it was fun. I tried playing the first MW on Wii at a friends a few months back and the controls were horrible. I looked like I had never held a controller ever before. Then again he had the controllers in that molded gun you can get for it, made moving really clumsy.

I got a wii for christmas and the first game I bought for it was Black Ops. Finished up the campaign Sunday night. Once I had to reset the system because of lock up. other than that I had a little lag once or twice but nothing too bad. I'm not hooked up to the worldwide inter-connect so I've only done the campaign and zombies. I think I'm missing out though when I look at the other Black Ops thread.

The last game system I owned was a Sega Genisis.

Would be better if a guy could get true HDMI output from the system but oh well, most of the games are cartoonish anyway.

I first started playing with the classic controller due to my limited experience with COD on the PS3 and copious amounts of PS2 playing have my hands form fitted for a classic controller pro on the wii. I was not doing too well and switched to a zapper but it was tough to control. I made the final switch to the wii mote and 'chuck and I am steadily getting better. Still get my @$$ handed to me most of the time playing multiplayer.

Played it with the sniper rifle last night and didnt like it, it didnt seem responsive enough. I would try to turn around and he'd just do circles. Plus my arms got tired holding that thing up.

On a side note, what other games are good for the wii? I need a racing game and a hunting game to round out my selection.

Played it with the sniper rifle last night and didnt like it, it didnt seem responsive enough. I would try to turn around and he'd just do circles. Plus my arms got tired holding that thing up.

On a side note, what other games are good for the wii? I need a racing game and a hunting game to round out my selection.

the cabelas hunting and fishing games are decent on wii

Plus my arms got tired holding that thing up.

I put a pillow on my lap and just hold the wii mote and 'chuck on top of that.

I thought the same thing as others about the difficulty in controlling your player, but I got used to it pretty quick. Just takes a while to learn a different way of doing things, especially if you are used to a thumbin' control sticks.

the cabelas hunting and fishing games are decent on wii

I played the dangerous encounters game from a few years ago and got tired of being killed by a mountain lion i needed to shoot with a 44 mag revolver before I could move on.

I wish there was a more arcade style hunting game rather than some kind of lame pseudo simulation.

If I could take the big buck hunter from the local establishment and stick inside the wii i would be golden.