• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you get a half goal if...

OnAFly

No goal, and no half goal either. You do get on Youtube though smile

"In 1900, Fred C Waghorn refereed a game where a puck split in two and one half ended up in the goal, after much deliberation he ruled it as 'no goal' because the official definition of a puck included specific dimensions and since the piece of rubber in the goal did not meet these specifications, it could not be a puck. He therefore instituted the rule that the entire puck must cross the line for a goal to count."

cited from azhockey.com

This apparently happens a lot outside when Mercury levels plummet. But to happen indoors is a very rare event indeed. Must've been the combination of a great slap shot and some kind of puck manufacturing defect.

i have played hockey since i was 6 (now 23) with almost all of those years being a tender... ive had a lot of pucks fired at me over the years and ive seen them break when going off the post before. it has more to do with temperature than shot speed. this only happened outdoors. ahhhh the good old days when all of our games/practices were played outside

i have played hockey since i was 6 (now 23) with almost all of those years being a tender... ive had a lot of pucks fired at me over the years and ive seen them break when going off the post before. it has more to do with temperature than shot speed. this only happened outdoors. ahhhh the good old days when all of our games/practices were played outside

That sounds exactly like me...started playing hockey when I was 6, I am not 23, and I played goalie for most of my youth career (I now play forward). And we used to have practice outdoors in like mites before we got our own rink.

Use to happen once in awhile when I was young and played outside in the cold for parkboard. I played Goalie so seen a lot of odd things happen with the puck around the net. crazy

Your name wouldn't happen to be "Gump Worsley" would it? I think he split some pucks across his nose.