• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Golden Eagle - yippee (sort of)

MN Shutterbug

I made the long trek to Wabasha yesterday and spent time watching the Bald Eagles at Alma. I didn't come away much with real keepers, but at least I finally captured a Golden Eagle. The problem is, they are about an 85% crop and it doesn't help that they are kinda blah colored anyway. The Bald Eagle flight shots were about a 65% crop, but their distinguishing colors make a lot of difference. There are tons of bald eagles in the area, but they sure keep their distance. The river is pretty wide where I was at and of course, they were fishing out in the middle. A couple of these shots are just to show what they were up to. It was enjoyable just watching them.

5327535817_d89ed2b087_b.jpg

5327535481_5b264a8895_b.jpg

5327535703_fdd11900cb_b.jpg

5327535057_8ea90bde21_b.jpg

I do have one advantage and that is a few of my brothers live in the metro so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. I also need to see the Swans on Monticello.

The numbers of swans you see is amazing. I see them sitting on the river everyday on my way to work. 1000 or more in the area now.