• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got some new Hillbilly Spinner Parts Today

merkman

Was downtown near ABC Electronics so I decided to see what they had for motors today. I found some real nice Pitman motors so I picked up three of them.

9 Volt Battery Clip - AXMAN - $ .75 each

Motors - ABC Electronics - $12.99 each

Toggle Switch - AXMAN - $2.50 each (I know that is twice the price but this one had a fancy on off plate on it smile )

100 K potentiometer - Radio Shack - $2.99 each (10K may work better I will test it out)

Control knob - Radio Shack - $ .75 each

Total Parts $19.98 plus tax

I am going to put one together for Huey (If he didn't get one already) and one for me.

If anyone else wants the parts at cost just let me know. I have enough for one more.

5321452019_13b88fec8a_z.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao yep, might stop at menards and bring my dremel and make another in the cabin! See my gpa doesnt need a spear license cuz he's old enough and Ill be cutting him a small spear hole (18"x12") to sight fish from and I thought a spinner would be the easiest thing for him to try while he's jigging.

Hi-

Does the potentiometer allow for variable speed of the motor? Did they have more of the motors at ABC? Would it be to much to ask you for the step by step of putting this together? I currently use a cheap disco ball motor that runs off a D cell but would like to be able to adjust the speed of the spin. Thanks a lot man.

You guys are killing me!!!!

I've been perfectly happy with my simple single speed mass produced spinner. With all this talk of potentiometers, pittmann motors, light up switches etc.... I suppose i'm going to have to upgrade soon. It never ends!!!!! laugh

You guys are killing me!!!!

I've been perfectly happy with my simple single speed mass produced spinner. With all this talk of potentiometers, pittmann motors, light up switches etc.... I suppose i'm going to have to upgrade soon. It never ends!!!!! laugh

LED's, MP3 players, GPS, video camera, sonar, radar, lazers, and movie projectors....

Did I miss anything? grinlaugh

I am going to put one together for Huey (If he didn't get one already) and one for me.

5321452019_13b88fec8a_z.jpg

Sweet!

I already picked up a mass produced one, but I won't pass on the chance to get a real Hill Billy Spinner. grin

To me the spinner is just like any other decoy, when the pike wanna come in they will when they dont they dont... Me personally have seen quite a few fish come into it! Not as much as my decoys tho cool but still enough for me to have the spinner as a great backup.

If you guys spent as much time scouting as you do coming up with gimmicks maybe you'd see more fish! wink

You're all going to get dizzy and fall down the hole. grin

Hey Spearhead,

Did I mention that I named my latest Bear Creek Decoy after you? grinsmile

Thanks for all the info merkman! Going to stop at ABC tomorrow!

You can get all the parts there.

I just didn't have time yesterday.

Once I get past the endcaps in that place an hour turns into 4 or 5. smile

I tried the 100K pot last night with a 9 volt battery pushing the motor and the pot was too big. It basicaly acted as an on off switch.

The 10 K pot had about 1/2 of the adjustment band.

You might want to try picking up a 10K, 5K, and 1K pot and see what works best for your application.

You can power this motor off a 2 D cells, a 6V latern battery, a 12V vexlar battery, an 18V powertool battery etc etc so the potentiometer value will change with your power source.

The guy behind the counter will hook up power to any motor for you so you can see it spin at the voltage you intend to use as a power source.

He would probably be more than willing to hook your pot up also so you can see if the pot is big enough to give you the full range of speed from your motor.