• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gogebic reports?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, lots of crappies on boom(first time i fished it). I moved up here this fall and have had a lot of fun trying out some different lakes. Have mostly been chasing panfish, perch, crappies, and a few whitefish around the area. Haven't really been targeting the toothy critters this year. Been doing pretty well overall. Drop me a line at [email protected] if you want to swap some stories.

I am planning on heading up to Gogebic in March, let us know how your trip goes!

hows it goin up there guys? dad, me, and 2 of our friends are heading up for the H-O-T on the 10th late in the afternoon so we will get up there later in the night. we will be pre-fishing on friday and i would like to talk the guys into trying some walleyes friday night.

so hows the perch bite been?

Starting to heat up Matt but only in certain areas. The people I have been talking to have been pretty tight lipped about where they have been. I will also be fishing on the 11th and the 12th, u guys staying at Gus's? If so I will stop in the morning and say hi...

Not to be a dark cloud but I will give a little report:

The DNR creel census dude was out on the lake on Sunday and I had a change to talk w/him for a bit. That said, he told me that he interviewed 76 anglers on Saturday and of those 76, they reported a total of 2 perch caught... Ouch!

Also, there was a tournament on Saturday - 122 entrants, ZERO perch! Yep, I said zero!

It's been brutal, the worst year I've ever seen! Sunday I ended up w/3 in about 6 hours. I talked to a few guys who know the lake, are good perch fishermen, moved 6 plus times and they never marked a fish all day! Hopefully things change...

We had a great time, the bite was slow, didn't mark alot of fish,but the fish that bite were nice. Its been a tough bite all year, I think thats why the numbers of people were down. The weekend before there was a contest that not a perch was caught. I will take slow for a chance at a fattie.

One guy in our group got a 2#2oz for first place, second place was a 2#1oz, Third place was a 1#13.2oz. I got fourth with a 1#13oz, bumpped from third by .02 oz, Jim had a 1#12.5oz and behindthehead got a 1#12oz.

I saw maybe 10 fish in 2 long days of fishing. I had 2 fish on at the same time, got both, 1#12 and a 1#11. It was a tricky, but it happened. The big fish I caught looked at my jig for a good 10 minites before it took it. Some guys marked fish, but they wouldn't bite, others didn't even see fish. All I know if God doesn't take me from this earth, I am going back for sure. Its like perchking said there is a 3lber in there some where

I have to agree with Ken it was a tough bite but the fish as always were quality fish that were caught. I ended up with 4 on Sat with the biggest being 1.12 on Sat on my scale. At about 3:30 PM on Saturday there was a rumor that someone caught a 17+ incher that was pushing 3 lbs on a tipup fishing for eyes. As you know this is a very small town and I must have gotten 20 text messages on Sunday asking about if I heard any more on the beast, but so far I am just hearing story's about it but haven't seen anything as of yet to back it up.

I will keep you posted.

PK

What areas were most of the perch marked and caught. I'm heading up there in a few days and would be appreciate the info. In the past 25 to 27 ft. in the mud was the ticket but I heard that Bergland Bay was producing this year as well. Any info would really help. THANKS

You know it is hard to narrow it down I would try the North End to start off, Porky Pt is always a good area. Bingham is notorious for big fish, not numbers but if you get into them you have a good chance at a 2#'er. I always tell people Lake Gogebic is roughly 14,000 acres and typically the 100 people who fish it regularly fish in a 100 acre section.