• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's inside your back pouch?

Dragonsm

Tomorrow evening if weather cooperates, I will officially become a sled owner. I know the owner and the sled has been gone through for me and is ready to go.

Friday, I will be heading to the Hutch area to visit my in-laws and ride with my brother in laws. One question I do have is what are key items to have in you back of your sled while out and about. We'll be strictly sticking around the area with mostly day trips, but I know the guys I ride with probably aren't as much "prepared" with items on their sleds...more of a sled issue, make a phone call.

What items are beneficial to have with you? I have the extra plugs, extra belt, I believe it still has the tool kit it came with along with some rope in case someone needs to be towed. Anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Dragon, Congrats on a sled purchase! What did you end up getting?

For me, under the hood I keep my tools, an extra set of plugs, and an extra belt. In the seat pocket I keep a tow rope, a hat to cover helmet hair, and a local trail map. Wright County has over 90 miles of trails! In my coat pockets I carry a set of earplugs (these things can be loud!), a soft rag to clean visor/goggles/glasses, a lighter and a small pocket knife, chapstick, and my cell phone. That pretty much covers it for riding around central MN.

One tip for local riding, if you go south of Buffalo, the trails are much better groomed! Let me know when you are around and let’s hit the trails!

Thanks Hydro!

I have been getting most of my riding gear all ready tonight as I know I won't be thinking straight tomorrow night.

As for the sled, I ended up choosing the blue Yamaha SRX that I emailed you about. After much thinking, the "child" in me won out. I already located a stock "can" for it in case the "old man" decides to come back, but in the mean time.....ear plugs it is!

I toyed with the idea of sending my wife/daughter down with the truck to Hutch and riding the trails there, but with the weather coming, I'll trailer to get them there safe and sound and then enjoy the weekend.

I will be a bit of a misfit, as everyone else has cats with a couple of polaris'....but dare to be different!

I am definately up for riding some trails sometime! I have a map of Wright County and there looks to be plenty to ride.

Add to what Hydro said, a decent small flashlight, some tie-wraps, electrical tape, an extra pair of light dry gloves and I also carry a small folding saw. I carry several other things that not many others would carry, but lets just chock those up to my tendency to live up to my forum nickname. wink

A add-on tank map bag works great for extra stuff as well, bad hair hat, bottles of water or pop, snacks, safety kit, PT if out on trails away from a gas station and it holds a map right where you can see it. Don't forget to bring the wallet with visa card incase of break downs and cell phone to call with. Also, your sled DNR Reg card in the wallet.

Have fun! wink

Add to what Hydro said, a decent small flashlight, some tie-wraps, electrical tape, an extra pair of light dry gloves and I also carry a small folding saw. I carry several other things that not many others would carry, but lets just chock those up to my tendency to live up to my forum nickname. wink

What!!! No duct tape. Macgyver always had duct tape.

a small knife with all the fixings, saw, 15' of rope, ratchet strap, bottle of water, piece of hose to get gas out if i need to make a fire, spare set of gloves in zip loc bag, ive used everything but nothing in an emergency... fully cooked hotdogs, empty pop can and electric fence wire is good if you get hungry wire that on your pipe and ride for about 5 min

A camera is nice to have when your buddy's sled gets stuck, runs out of gas, fouls a plug, lifts the hood for any reason, etc. Heaven forbid the one you are riding ever has any trouble. The duct tape is to re-attach body parts temporarily after playing trail racer. It helps the emergency room staff find the pieces.

Registration card (in a ziploc bag), tow strap, multiple pliers, multi tool screw driver, crescent wrench, hammer, electrical tape, 2cycle oil (in a ziploc bag), extra gloves and a hat (in a ziploc bag).

As you can tell I've been burnt on getting things wet/full of oil and have learned to keep as much as possible in a bag.

Plugs and belt is stored in the engine compartment.

Spare Polaris parts( I ride a Ski Doo)and a tow strap if I don't have the part I need to fix the Polaris.

ST, you and Mac, are looking for trouble here! smirk This Ski Doo-Polaris thing could turn into the new hot topic now that the political forum was shut down!!! madlaugh