• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Buddy Mr. Heater

I'm happy with my Buddy (3+ years & counting). I certainly don't use it as ruggedly as JonnyP, though.

Each person has their own style, but I wouldn't buy and return any product five times. I'd be fed up after 2, 3 max. If the well's dry, why go back? crazy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northlander, returning them is one thing, throwing them away after "one or two uses" is a ridiculous statement. Sorry. I dont doubt that you or many others have RETURNED them after having trouble, but do throw them away? Come on. I dont believe that for a second. After several years of use I could understand it, I just dont believe for one second someone would try it out a couple times and throw it away.

I have read the forum rules and I don't see where this was breaking any of those rules, I was not personally attacking anyone, just not buying what was being said.

I know there have been problems, but to say that they have not resolved is wrong as well. This would be like telling someone to never buy a Toyota because the sudden acceleration, right? Did they all have the problem? Nope. There were millions of Camry's that never had a problem. Some did, most did not.

Your statement was harsh and you could have worded it better so it didnt come off as a attack. If you said that to me I would take it as a attack on my honesty.

As far as having the problems resolved they surely are NOT! The last big buddy I tried was last X-mas and after running it for 2 weeks with the same issues as some of the others I took it back.

I agree with you as far as not throwing them away after a few tries but I can see peoples frustrations. I myself would get my money back.

So in ending I will not buy another buddy heater until I havent heard a bunch of folks complaining and more saying the problems are cured.

Also when I tried to get some answers from the company by e-mail or phone they never got back in touch with me. So not only a bad product but terrible customer service.

Northlander, You will never hear people stop complaining about the big buddy heaters because there are so many people who had them years ago that will continue to share their experience. I have had mine for 2 months and it works great. Only issue if you want to call it that was lighting it the first time since u have the 10 foot hose. Once bled it lights in like 10 seconds for each future lighting. I wish they had a dc adapter to power the fan instead of batteries or ax adapter. Is like to plug into battery I have onboard.

I've been using the Big Buddy heaters for 6 or 7 years now. I've had very few issues during that time, Broken knob and a broken ceramic tile). The heaters have made numerous trips across Url and other lakes and they have faired better than alot of my equipment has. I ordered a new tile and gasket to replace the broken one. It's a bugger to get at to replace but it's not doable.