• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upgardes over the winter?

Chode2235

i think i'll be doing same with lowrances 520's on my boat

but not sure what will be the replacement

i'm thinkin garmin

also thinkin bout that i pilot to the terrova another rod holder

if i can afford it i will swap out my t-8 for the new e-tec kicker

Just picked up a new tiller boat and have been doing my darnedest to keep the economy flowing. So far I have a couple new bags, anchors, anchor rope, sport trak brackets, VHF radio, VHF antenna w/bracket, rod holders, SS prop, Landing net, and a high speed xducer for my flasher. The boat already had splash guards and a trolling motor hanging off the back. Depending upon there performance the electronics will probably be upgraded later this year or next.

Currently have a Lund 1775 Pro V and more than likely going to upgrade to either a Ranger 620 or 621. I got bit by the tourney bug a few years ago and the infection is spreading pretty fast. That and I really like to fish big water now too so going to a big boat is a no brainer for me.

i'm thinkin garmin

Why the "upgrade" from the t-8 to the e-tec? I have been contemplating getting a yamaha kicker as my upgrade for 'next year.'

boatfixer

get the boat first wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more fun and they dont depreicate so fast

then you can match your truck (or whatever you buy to the boat)

should be lots of non current deals around i would think

Greg, I dont really care about depreciation. Gonna keep the F-150 for a while anyway. Replacing Mama's van with something else. As long as I get her what she wants, I get what I want when my pick up is paid off. Timing is everything

i'm thinkin garmin

Why the "upgrade" from the t-8 to the e-tec? I have been contemplating getting a yamaha kicker as my upgrade for 'next year.'

the e-tec is set up so you can run it all from the steering wheel

or other wise i need to buy a troll master and i believe they are bout 300$ so i'm thinkin i can sell my t-8 and get the e-tec

i think !!! i dont really have a clue what either is worth right now lol

i use my kicker alot last yr and its kinda of pain to run back there to put it in nuetral when you have a fish on

or to adust speed

also kinda hard to put in a seat back there that would be real comfortalbe to sit and steer

the t-8 is a good motor though no complaints there

just gettin lazy in my old age

plus i did learn alttle trick last yr (even old dogs can learn..lol)

my trolling motor batteries were on there last leg and wouldnt hold a charge very long

so i started to use the kicker to push the boat and just steered with the bow mount

worked slick...i will do that alittle more often just to prolong the life

of the batteries

also will have wayyyyyy better boat control out in big winds i kinda pride myself in that..i can handle most any wind

win win deal

boatfixer i hear ya

good to keep the little lady happy

and not have to many payments in this economy

I have been in boats with the etec kicker and it is awsome. Being fuel injected like the big etecs it starts as easy as the big motors no matter how cold it is outside. Plus the tapup/tapdown RPM is great in setting up an perfect trolling speed and holding it.

The T8 combined with a troll master is a pretty awsome combo to boot. It's tough to find fault in that pair.

There are two downfalls to the etec kicker;

Weight. That thing weighs about 165 lbs.

No troll master available for it so if you want a remote control for a wheel boat you will lose the RPM tapup/tapdown feature which is what would make me want to have that motor in the first place.