• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quickfish 3 Floor..Pics n All

Laska

So some guys have been asking about my floor and things for the quickfish 3, Ive speared out of it more than any other shack and will always have it for spearing here are some pics to give you guys some examples if your thinking of doing this floor...

the spear hole with floor surrounding it...

IMG00246-20100228-1206.jpg

The floor on the ice

IMG00252-20100228-1231.jpg

the framing

shackfloor.jpg

The floor before carpet

shackfloor2.jpg

I used 3" hinges and Marine outdoor carpet, 2x2's,staples for carpet and wood screws thats it.

I couldnt find where I posted the dimensions and materials, could someone help find them for me I know someone has to have saved the thread...

ok so hopefully ya'll can read this, its my blueprint have any ?'s just ask... remember their copyrighted smile... and a cpl more pics...

I used 3" hinges(2)

Marine outdoor carpet

2x2's (10 i think)

staples for carpet

wood screws for 2x2's (4" screws) and plywood (1 1/2" screws)

5/16" plywood thats it...

I drew it all up in 10min so thats why it not straight but you get the concept enough to make it with out problems! I did add an extra 2x2 on one side where the door goes cuz it gets the most traffic just in case anyone was wondering.

Hole is 46 1/2"x 26" but cut the hole 3 to 4" bigger on 3 sides and you have a picture perfect hole!

BlueprintShack.jpg

2011-01-11172337.jpg

with carpet

2011-01-11172310-1.jpg

Spent a few hours with my dad tonight putting the floor together. Lumber didn't cost more than 40 bucks. The measurements worked perfectly. Although, I had to trim about a foot off the ends by the hole to make it fit in my car. In the end it took us more than two hours, probably closer to 4. But it was a good time hanging out with my dad.

Thanks so much for the tips. I will post a pic of the finished product tomorrow.

Happy spearing!

Cool cant wait to see it! bummer about the foot being cut off, it just helps keep the light from coming thru the floor but you still can have a huge hole!

Prob not a big deal to extend the carpet over each side since you won't be walkig there anyway.

I was thinking about leaving the "ears" off leaving one whole side open for a spear hole or angling holes. How many of you guys angle out of them too? Of course it would be easy enough to just build a second floor for angling.