• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Hawk Owl by the Moon

Jim Almquist

I was driving through the bog and I spot a NHO up ahead and about that time I notice a car up ahead. I slow down and see a trail out to were it is and soon I see a photographer so I wait. The sun is setting so the light is really nice. Finally he is done and it is no other than Shawn Z.We say Hi and he tells me to make sure to get the moon in the shot. Great tip Shawn !

Just not sure which one I like best.

full-4091-4305-_b7d6160.jpg

full-4091-4306-_b7d6169copy.jpg

full-4091-4307-_b7d6174copy.jpg

Third one for me as well, I get a kick out of the way they perch, do they ever perch on a horizontal branch? Iv'e never seen one, only in pictures but evey picture I remember, it looks like they have a stick stuck up there arse.

Good stuff..

Todd in this thread there is a shot of one on a branch and I think that this was the second time that I shot one off a branch instead of the top of a tree.

NHO on a Branch

I like all of these! They seem familiar for some reason.....:)

Your mustache looked great smile

Thanks for your work on Admiral Rd.

Shawn I was hoping to see what your take would be on CT. I think your light was a little better and I was curious what you would do with this shot. You have a very good eye for composition. For me... that saying about a blind dog finding a bone comes to mind grin