• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Get the point ?

When I first started working in health care about 8-9 years ago I use to see an ad

of a lady who had tar all over her face. Under the picture it said "Would people still smoke if the consequences were more obvious?".

The percentage of smokers has not changed in the last 8-9 years, it remains at 20% unfortunately.

I just don't see the allure.

I don't know if it will work or not,but it will make people think about it since they will see it every time they pull a cig out.

I'm a few months since my last one, and hope the "allure" (obsession) doesn't come back....but, I do know of it! It's a powerful evil!

Keep up the good work goose89! No reason to go back once you've gone this long. I smoked for years without ever thinking about quitting until I had a few days of smokers cough. That was the only message I needed and its been 15 years now without one.

Your fortunate. Count your blessings. I'm a few months since my last one, and hope the "allure" (obsession) doesn't come back....but, I do know of it! It's a powerful evil!

There is no "allure" but a very strong addiction.

I have quit since Jul 5,1999

It took three try's. After stopping for 2 years the second time and realizing just how easy it was to get "hooked" again I know that I can not have any nicotine products.

Not one Puff !

Unfortunately, there seems to be no or a negative correlation when these messages are put on cig packages. Can't remember where I heard this but in most Countries where this has been tried, smoking did not go down...in some it went up. Though it may seem to be a contradiction, my theory is that outdoorsmen smoke more than the average Joe. Probably due to solitude or just plain access. The same goes for "creative" people...photographers, artists, actors, ect. Just a personal theory...that would be the ideal subject for some sort of paper. Anybody studying sociology?

My wife, who had been smoking for over 30 years, quit last year with the help of e-cigarettes. Google them. They are the best!

I've been using these since February. As Steve said, they are definitely the best. I smoked for about 40 years. The best way to learn about these is to google e-cigarette forum. I thought they were all hype until I found a forum with close to 50,000 members.