• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
albhb3

Ranger use

Hi guys and gals just wondering if any of you use a polaris ranger for ice fishing. I was thinking it maybe a little better than a wheeler. Any suggestions are appriciated

How is the clearance on those? Just wondering how it would do when there is a good amount of snow. Do you use chains?

I've got a buddy who has one on LOTW, and he has the tracks on it. It's awesome as long as you don't freeze on the ride, and he has the cab. His is only a 500cc so a bit wimpy with the tracks on it, but very fun and convenient.

I have the Ranger HD. Does great for ice fishing. Plow my own road to where I want to put the house and then pull the house out.

RangerandIC3.jpg

Rangeroniceroadfront.jpg

Nice set-up!

Where did you get the tire chains for the Ranger?

Nice set-up!

Where did you get the tire chains for the Ranger?

the big C store in Rogers.

Yeah they work pretty good, easier to get around in the deep snow off the roads. Cab and heat are a added bonus.

DSC00667Large.jpg

V-Bar chains can be found at Fleet Farm, also. They used to carry 2 different sizes, too.

Yeah they work pretty good, easier to get around in the deep snow off the roads. Cab and heat are a added bonus.

DSC00667Large.jpg

How well does the heater work in them and believe it or not thats the exact setup I want. How well does that frabill fit in the bed of that? any big problems with it

How well does the heater work in them and believe it or not thats the exact setup I want. How well does that frabill fit in the bed of that? any big problems with it

That's the setup I want as well. Just not sure if the tracks are worth it or not. Tires and chains would be more in the budget!! smile

I have a ranger and love it for ice fishing!!! Check out tire chains .com or tire chains required .com. They have all sizes and styles...

I hear ya but what really is rediculous is the price of the metal cab its about 5 grand shocked

Rangerware heater works great, two ducts for your feet and a defroster duct. As long as the ranger is running and building heat your good. We've been out -20 and have had no issues. Full cabs aren't that expensive you just have to know where to buy from. Fwiw... I wouldn't own a steel cab, too heavy and I'm not a fan of rusting. Fish house will not fit into the box, I just use a tow hitch.