• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MUSKY18

City Limits and hunting

Is it legal to bow hunt within the city limits, does it vary by town? Have the chance to hunt a small patch of woods that is within the city limits that has a big 12 point with some does in it. Got permission to hunt it from the land owner, but I just don't know if it is legal to hunt there. Anyone give me a heads up or direction to go in order to find out?

Have to check with your local authorities.

I know some cities/towns do not consider archery as a legal firearm, so in that case you maybe alright.

A city near me allows you to hunt if you follow their conditions: Supply a map of where you will be hunting, include property lines on your map. Archers must be 500 feet from a residential property line, firearms 1000 feet. $10 application fee.

So, yes check with city ordinances.

Many cities offer archery deer hunting as a means of regulating high deer populations. I hunt in Superior, WI. A permit is required to hunt the many acres of green space available. But you have to be legal. It's great hunting option where you can do it and even better when you live in the same town.

It doesn't appear that Sauk Center recognizes bow and arrow in their definition of firearms that you can't use within city limits. But call the Police Dept at (320) 351-7022 to confirm.