• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ICE MAP 2010/2011 (Done for the Year)

Jeremy airjer W

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Lindstrom Lake (Sat Dec 04):

• North end of the lake, I walked out about 20 yards and drilled a hole, it was only 4.5 inches - and it was all white ice.
  • The channel between Lindstrom and Chisago must be doing better - I counted around 12 ice houses on it already.

After last week's warm rain, we got this nice blanket of snow. I'd wait another week before even thinking about venturing onto the main body of the lake. I just don't trust that 4 inches of white ice near shore.

I am new to the Ely area and am looking for a couple panfish lakes that are worth checking out. I've fished a couple of the smaller lakes in the area with little success. Has anyone fished little long yet this year. saw a snow cat fly across it yesterday but there were no tracks from fisherman on the ice. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Icerod post your questions on the Vermillion area and them guys like Steve Foss and Mike Stark who live in Ely can give you better reports. This is basically a ice thickness report page.

Airman with that said some Duluth area lakes are reporting 6" of ice now but its not consistant everywhere. 4-6" to be safe.

SUN 12/5- Upper Prior 4"-5" consistently south of Twin Island until we got out to 35-40 FOW where it was only 3" and a little spooky. The crappies were finicky as heck, marked a million and threw the box at em but could only entice 2 to bite. Maybe they pigged out last week?

Out on few lakes just outside Stillwater this afternoon, had a solid 6" of black ice with hardly any slush. Demontreville had a bad spot 50' out of the landing to the left a bit (right on the half plowed path), I suggest sticking to the path on the right. I'm bout 140lbs and got the ice to crack real good to the left.

I went out on Whaletail yesterday and found 7" everyplace I drilled. I then went to Minnetonka and drilled the South Upper Lake. Only found 3" and some very loud cracking so I left. Keep in mind that the area I checked on Tonka was one of the last that I saw freeze. There has only been ice there for about a week.