• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tikka T3 - like them or not?

Have been looking for a new rifle for my 16 year old son and have kind of settled on a Tikka T3 hunter, wood stock with stainless barrel in .270 I dont know anybody that has a tikka but it appears to be a pretty sweet gun and hits about the right price point for what I am willing to spend. Any reason to shy away from this gun? any thoughts on it will be appreciated.

I have a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 270 WSM. I absolutely LOVE the gun. Its very light, feels great in my hands, and is a tack-driver. The action is smooth as silk, and it has a great trigger. My dad shot mine a couple times the day after I got mine, and had one for himself a week later. His 742 hasn't left the safe since. That was 4 or 5 years ago and we still rave about them when hunting together. You won't regret it. The ONLY (and I mean only) thing I don't especially like about it is the safety. It seems kind of easy to bump off of safe, but is not a big deal as long as you are aware of it. When I'm walking with it I tend to keep one finger on it to hold it on safe.....same as I do with a shotgun. I honestly don't ever plan on buying another rifle again. This one should do everything I need it to. It does kick a little though. I threw a limbsaver recoil pad on it which helped a lot.

Another Tikka fan here. I have the T3 stainless in .30-06. I love it. It's light and accurate with a very good trigger. Another bonus is that it comes with ring mounts. There are two things that aren't really issues but I would like to see changed. There should be a bolt release like Sako has..so you could open the bolt with the safety on and I wish extra magazines weren't so pricey.

my brother shot his first elk with a Tikka T3 .270 at 250 yards a couple years ago. Cost him $90 extra because it went through the cow and killed a calf as well. It definately is a killer.

(PS the the colorado dnr comended him for calling it in)

I picked up a Tikka T3 in .30-06 last winter and it has performed very well for me to this point. The gun is light but doesn't hurt to shoot. The adjustable trigger is smooth and breaks cleanly. One of the best triggers I've ever used. It also shoots some very nice tight groups.

I like the gun so far.

Well after all the good reviews I pulled the triggger smile and got him a wood, stainless .270 Scheels in St. Cloud was able to find me one at one of their stores in Montana, last one they had. Now I just gotta figure out the scope situation