• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

People with no respect...........................

MUSKY18

Went out to my local WMA where I have been bow hunting this entire season yesterday after coming back from an unsuccessful rifle hunt up north. I pull into the parking area, and there are a couple of vehicles I see that are out there often. So I park and start getting my gear ready. Then I looked around the parking area and got just mad as all get out. I guess the hunters from the previous weekend think that the maid comes around to the parking areas and does clean up or something. Garbage was laying all over the place, empty scent containers, bread, sandwich meat among other things. If that wasn't bad enough, some great human beings, I guess, thought it would be funny to take a [PoorWordUsage] right next to the trail and throw the toilet paper on the trail. Disgusting. Go out into the woods, and see that someone has come in with a chain saw, cut down some trees to make their own little private bridge over the creek. Another spot, they decided that some big shooting lanes should be cut. I don't mind cutting down the little stuff, but this was far from little. Why do people ahve to be so darn ignorant. I did pickup a bunch of the garbage on my way out. Sorry for the venting, will get off my soapbox now..........

Probally started with their upbringing. It would probally only take one person in the group to set an example. To those out there that know people like this be stern with them and explain it to them. CO does hand out littering tickets this time of year also. Nothing gets me more fired up than to see somebody cleaning out their car or can't pay for garbage pick up, throwing trash all over public places.

I took a 22 yr old guy who was ride challenged out bow hunting with me mid October, dropped him off in a prime area with 3 available stands (that have been there for some time/permanent stands) with shooting lanes, etc. Made him 2 sandwiches, gave him the usual pocket candy etc. At the end of the day we get home and I ask him for his ziploc bag with his garbage. He says there was already garbage in one of the stands so he left his there too.

Next day I took him out there and made him walk out to the stand and retrieve his trash. Probably won't make him change his bad habits, but I probably won't be taking him with me anymore. Not just because of that, but other reason's too. He hunts in a lottery area but has said he will get bonus tags in a nearby management area and that if he shoots a deer he will register it as being shot in the management area. That was the kicker, but he also said if he saw a turkey while deer hunting he would shoot it, takes field tips with him to shoot grouse if he sees one.....etc.

I know, I know, I told him if I hear he actually does that stuff I will turn him in....and on top of it all, the guy that raised him works for the DNR.....now, I was kinda taking him under my wing cuz he's had a tuff upbringing, but he is an adult now and should be able to make a decision to follow the law....PERIOD so I choose not to affiliate with him. He is on his own (unless I hear of him breaking a law) then TIP here I come.