• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tough Weekend!/

thesecret

Me and 2 other guys went to South Dakota for a weekend of hunting will every one im MN chased the deer around. This is our first year hunting out there and have wound up with some wonderful land to hunt. We had set up a camera this summer out there and were very excited to go because we had some true monsters on the camera. We seen ton of deer and had a blast cause the bucks were movin during the day and they would run into a rattle full speed. Were scared to walk in the dark without a flash light for the fear of getting run over by a buck. But the worst thing that ever could have happened. The only thing we got was 2 BIG BUCKS CRIPPLED, ONe guy hit above the vitals, and the others arrow hit a branch and hit the Buck in the back of the head, it ran away with the arrow in its head. We all feel like someone shot ot dog.

Bummer- that is a tough weekend and will definitely leave a sour taste in a guy's mouth. No brilliant words of wisdom from me. It's no fun losing a critter and will likely stick with you for a while. The only recipe I know of is to get back in the saddle and make a good shot on another deer before the year is up. Good luck!

Yeah there is still a very sour taste in our mouth. I knew a few guys that were going phesant hunting out there and we were all hoping they were going to find our deer, but no luck yet. Im hoping that they will live at least till rifle season.

We were hunting along Lake Travers along the hills

better luck to all