• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Panoramic Pics

Does anyone have any nice panoramic scenery pictures? Anything from sunsets over the lake to fall colors. I have an idea that I want to try out. I will post a picture of the finished product when I'm done. I won't be using the pictures for anything that I'm selling, just something I want to hang in the man cave. huntnfishmn at yahoo Thanks.

here's a couple

first one is by fort ransom ND

second by ashley ND

third by st Joseph mn

if these would work let me know and I can email a larger version.

I tried to put a frame around the last one so it would be easier to see the lake but I couldn't figure out how to do it. :>)

full-27930-2348-12a.jpg

full-27930-2349-14a.jpg

full-27930-2350-3sj6shotpan.jpg

#2 and the last image are totally awesome. How many images make up the last image? Shooting by Enger Tower? Regardless, the atmosphere/cloud drama really make the comps in my opinion.

Thank you - glad you liked them!

I have to put my foot in my mouth because I was just bashing HDR in another thread, but that last image is an HDR. It is 10 images wide, 3 exposures each (+2, 0, -2) for a total of 30 images. And you're right, that one and the fireworks one were from right below the Gazeebo near Enger Tower on the Fourth of July.

OT and others: Are you composing your panos with the camera/lens combo oriented vertically or horizontally? FWIW, I almost always orient the camera/lens vertically. It takes more images to get the pano composed, but that just adds to the final print size capability. smile

Some very nice pics so far. Eyeguy and broken line if you could email those to me I would appreciate it. I wanted to use a picture that I had taken but don't have any that I can stretch far enough and not make them look very distorted. Thanks for the pics everyone has posted. OT, I like that first one you posted. Very nice sunset. Email address is huntnfishmn at yahoo. Thanks again.

OT and others: Are you composing your panos with the camera/lens combo oriented vertically or horizontally? FWIW, I almost always orient the camera/lens vertically. It takes more images to get the pano composed, but that just adds to the final print size capability. smile

Yah, shooting vertically is the way to go - I think it creates a nicer "shaped" image...sometimes pano's get a little "thin" if you just shoot horizontally. Plus, having a larger file size is definitely nice for printing bigger.

Having said that, only one of these was shot in portrait orientation - all but the more "pink" image of downtown Duluth were done in landscape. I should do it more often because I do end up liking the way it looks better when I take the time to do it in portrait...

here's another one from Duluth. Nice stuff OT.

full-27930-2618-44.jpg

Thanks!

That one looks familiar! Typical cruddy Duluth weather, too. Fortunately, Ive lived here long enough now to start liking the cruddy weather...when it gets to be 90 and sunny here, Im upset like some people are when its 40 and rainy. Meanwhile, Im happy as can be when its cold.

Nice shot!