• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

some decoys... some new some old

Laska

sorry for some for the quality of some of the pics, picture phone doesnt work the best sometimes...

100_0254.jpgsockeye salmon

IMG00336-20101014-1530.jpgfolk art

IMG00321-20101007-1534.jpg

IMG00320-20101007-1534.jpg

16" Dragon- 22 hours of work scaled and winged and swims real slow

IMG00280-20100917-2241.jpg

"Jaws" Northern has the attack "S" in it!

IMG00339-20101014-1531.jpg

close up of new Walleye

IMG00335-20101014-1528.jpg

IMG00334-20101014-1528.jpg

New 10" crappie turned out pretty awesome! Swims like a dream!

Been awhile since Ive posted some decoy pics so here they are hope you guys enjoy... Just got the crappie done 2 days ago... Still have a 14" Largemouth that is halfway scaled... So many scales not even funny

Thanks for the compliments guys.

For the scaling sham I used a custom carved scale tip that I made myself, still is very time consuming. I used a dremel and a high speed cutter bit to carve it. If ya send me a tip I could make ya one.

The dragon was scaled with a regular wood burning tip because the scales are more diamond shaped

Merk I've made a lot of decoys to get to where I'm at, probably over 400 since I started. Not bad from what they first looked like haha. I'm going after the big boys this year don't know how ill do but might as well try!

For the scaling sham I used a custom carved scale tip that I made myself, still is very time consuming. I used a dremel and a high speed cutter bit to carve it. If ya send me a tip I could make ya one.

thats what I was using til it broke, I have to make another one. I just use a cheapy woodburner from wally world.

I have two of them now, just in case. I got my second one from hobby lobby goes up to 950 degrees heats up in 3 minutes works great for $15 and it came with 4 other tips and replacements are $5 for 5 different tips. Ive thought of going with a exspensive one but these el-cheapo's work great.

Thanks mrklean for the compliment.

sooo, I did my first 2 airbrush fish this week,

whitefish.jpg

this one is hand painted, whitefish

tiger2.jpg

White Tiger Northern-Folk art for next show-airbrush the gills are completely carved thru the mouth, added pipe cleaner for the gills and you can still see thru the mouth.

tiger.jpg

another pic

minnow.jpg

Lake Shiner Minnow also know as the emerald shiner-for next show-airbrsuh

firetigerperch.jpg

Worker-Firetiger Perch-handpaint

Very Very impressive laska and to think you started because know one in your neck of the woods sold decoys.. when they talk about carvers and your name pops into the conversation I can say I 've speared with that guy and dam proud of it keep up the great work

Thanks guys, yeah I think I might be one of the only carvers that had to carve my own because I couldn't find any decoys within 100miles of me. We'll most definitely see where I stand with the bog dogs this saturday when I compete with them, ill post on this thread to let you guys know how It goes. Hopefully they'll be amazed by my newest deak- a 12 1/2" red eyed tree frog.

New red eyed tree frog 12 1/2"

IMG00386-20101117-0936.jpg

IMG00389-20101117-0937.jpg

IMG00388-20101117-0936.jpg

here it is, the last of my compitition deaks, took 15 hours, and goes in the 12-13" Frog Decoy category. Hopefully its different than everyone elses and thinkin outside the box brings home an award...

pikestabber- use house fascia rolled aluminum. filler it durhams filler powder. gotta close up all gaps never leave the lead showing too much of a chance of water getting into unprotected wood and crack the wood from freezing water. I also clear coat 4 thick layers which gives my deaks a wet glossy look.

pikestabber- use house fascia rolled aluminum. filler it durhams filler powder. gotta close up all gaps never leave the lead showing too much of a chance of water getting into unprotected wood and crack the wood from freezing water. I also clear coat 4 thick layers which gives my deaks a wet glossy look.

Thanks, Laska...I appreciate the advice. Good luck at the show.