• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

the office is back!

pinkfloyd4ever

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I still watch it, it is more of a bookend to 30 Rock for me. I'm awaiting the return of Parks and Rec, too.

I did get a kick of the temp getting spanked, and how Toby got Micheal to open up using kid's games. I liked passive, mousy Pam better than current, power-hungry Pam, too. I see Toby's seesions being a start to Micheal's leaving, too.

I enjoy how the characters/writing is back to how it used to be, IMO. Jim is hilarious this year so far, along with Michael and Dwight, especially dwight in the elevator last week. I get a kick out of Pam's rebel side. As for Michael, my $ is on goes after that HR gal that moved to the other branch, reunite and move on to Sandals Jamaica.. thats what she said

yea they have been a first 2 good ones, it is carrells last season which stinks i think that means the end of the office i dont know how they could do the show without him wouldnt be the same. i was wondering if holly was gonna come back to the show or not seem

I used to love this show, watched it 2-3 times a DAY. I love Kathy Bates as an actress, she does great work in pretty much everything she does. But, when she joined the Office cast, to me, was the start to a bad show all of a sudden. Couldn't get into her and all the cast members and their roles seemed to change. Last really good episode I seen was the episode where Jim and Pam got married. Kevin and his Kleenex box shoes, Dwight and the dental assistant among others made that one very good.

meh. The Office is only a bookend in our house, anymore. They've cashed in all of their plotlines and never wrote any long term storylines early in the series to adhere to. Give me Parks and Rec or 30 Rock.

meh. The Office is only a bookend in our house, anymore. They've cashed in all of their plotlines and never wrote any long term storylines early in the series to adhere to. Give me Parks and Rec or 30 Rock.

Modern Family is the best show on TV right now, bar none

all the cast members and their roles seemed to change.

It's called "CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT".

I for one grow tired of the typical style of american television show (see: simpsons, seinfeld, etc) where at the end of every episode, everything is back to normal and nothing ever really changes. Simpsons at least has evolved over the years, even if it still is a "everything is back to normal" type of show.

I get that, but EVERYONE on the cast made a 180, shouldn't have to change the entire cast.

As for the Seinfeld comparison- if it wasn't broke don't fix it, and they didn't. I rarely watch it anymore, but Seinfeld ranks as the #1 sit com of all-time on alot of peoples lists, and there's a reason

creed is a dark horse, everyone loves the guy but if we got so much of him i think he would become less popular, i really dont get how the show is going to function without Michael Scott. My theory is Michael will leave with Holly when she has to leave

Or Micheal may actually get FIRED for being the incompetent boss we have all seen. I know; hard to believe!

I heard there is going to be a few shows with Will Ferrell working there, but I haven't heard where he fits in.

Carrel has 3 episodes left i think, Ferrell isn't taking over as boss he is special guest for 2-4 episodes, i think the plot is he is a manager from a different branch there to help with the transition to the new boss. Should be an interesting next few episodes i think

Not a bad episode, and I'm glad there is actually a real reason to Micheal leave not realted to his performance at DM/Sabre. This one did tug at the old heart-strings a bit, I will admit, even if the sub-plots were weak.

Quote:
Ferrell isn't taking over as boss he is special guest for 2-4 episodes, i think the plot is he is a manager from a different branch there to help with the transition to the new boss.

Oh, ok. I was a little confused as they had a little blurb at the end of the show and it said Will was going to be the new boss. I guess it makes sense, I doubt NBC is willing to pay Will's going rate for more than 2-4 shows. Those episodes should be good.

Yes, Mc Gurk it did pull on the strings last night. Good show.