• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need some rubber boots

deerminator

So my Guide Gear specials ($60 4 years ago) finally sprung a leak. I'm looking for something a little higher quality this time around and thinking about some Irish Setters with 1,200 grams of insulation. They're called Rutmaster Rubber Boots. Basically, I'm looking for something tough and waterproof that can be used from September to the end of January. And that fit snug yet not too tight so sloshing through creeks and climbing up and down ravines is no problem. Any favorite boot choices anyone wants to recommend?

I also purchased a pair of Muck boots this past year, but the pair I have won't take me into January. I'm not sure they will take me into November, but they have been great for early season. Very comfortable.

I have the lacrosse, alphaburly lites, they are good boots, very comfortable, buy them a little large to get more use out of them when it gets colder. To be honest, I don't know of a rubber boot that is going to get you through December, but then again, my feet get cold pretty easily.

Another fan of the lacrosse alphaburly's here. Very comfortable but like trigger said you aren't going to find too many rubber boots that are going to work when its really cold if you plan on sitting any amount of time.

I just started this season with a new pair of La Crosse Alpha's (non-insulated) and like them quite a bit. I've worn Cabela's boots with sorel liners in the past and have been O.K. with them in colder temps, but when it gets real cold I switch to Mukluks.

Thanks for the advice guys. My guide gears with the 1000 gram insulate have kept me warm in December but I add boot blankets over them with a heat pack in each when I get to stand or blind. That will keep me warm all day. I'll check out the Mucks and La Crosses somem more and make my decision soon.