• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Varmit Problem

Mid-Lake Rock

Hi Guys. I have some type of critter that dug a small hole next to the foundation of the garage. I don’t know what it is, but the hole is about the diameter of golf ball. I figured a mouse or vole. I put out some poison and filled the hole with rocks. The critter ate the poison and dug out the rocks. I then filled the hole with spray insulation. It then dug a new hole next to the insulation. I ran a hose in the hole for half an hour and filled it with rocks. Dug out again. I finally put the urine of a carnivore in the hole, filled it with rocks (packed tightly) and put a concrete paving stone over the hole. It dug another. I cannot get rid of this thing. It appears to not have entered the garage.

Does anyone have an idea of what this might be and how to get rid of it? I live in the metro. I appreciate ANY advice. I’m at wits end.

Rat trap with peanut butter works well to. They are cute little critters but they cause much damage with their dang tunnels. If you are in town and a .22 LR wont work a .177 pellet will do the trick to if ya have a decent pellet gun. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

There is a product available anywhere that's called "the giant destroyer". it looks like a stick of dynamite, you put a fuse in it and light it. you let it get smoking, then you place it down the hole and it will gas the critter to death. They work extremely well, I always have a supply of them on hand here at my place!!! Just let it get smoking, put it down the hole, then cover the hole up. I usually like to use a board, then cover the board with dirt. If you try and cover with dirt right away, sometimes the hole will fill in and put out your destroyer. also, keep your eye open for other holes that smoke might come out of as well, then cover those as you see them. Good luck!!!