• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Xbox 360 Kinect?

Shack

I wonder how this will work with Black Opp's?

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Seems awfully Wiiish to me. I am not running out to buy it, but would like to hear reviews when used with Modern Warfare or Call of Duty games. There are some video of E3 and MW2, but they look hooky.

Why would it be any different than the Wii?

That's obviously what they're marketing after, is the families that buy Wii because "it gets their kids off the couch".

They probably figure the teens and tweens that don't have a 360 yet can show this to their parents and convince them to buy a 360 rather than a Wii.

And what's wrong with that ad campaign... have you never hear of the letters I. L. T. P. W. F. (I like to play with family)? smirk

This ad campaign IMO is kind of weak. Awkward pauses pauses, no game anyone is playing with regularity being used and when they motion IMO it does no look all that fluid and kind of like they are making sure they do it right. Maybe just new at it I guess. With in minutes of using a Wii remote, I was moving it pretty fluid. I know this Kinect just reads your movements (no remote), but just does not look all that fun. Personally when I play a video game, I want to sit down and use a controller.

You guys seen the PS4 concept yet? It has a helmet you put on, and the thing is HUGE, looks like window AC unit size. Who in the world would wear that? I will have to see if I can find a pic of it, it's ridiculous

I play video games to sit on the couch and relax. I just don't see the appeal for the new level of interaction. Call me old school, but nothing beats a controller and a comfortable couch.

Zamboni, have you got a source for that "PS4 concept"? I haven't found anything even remotely related to that photo.

Same here. I think it was posted as troll/flame bait more than anything. I don't know how much faith in information I would have in a user-created blog on Blogspot. I'm calling this one Shenanigans.

I actually think the console in the link I posted is gonna be somewhat close,(aside from that helmet) that clear one is missing its guts, and I am pretty sure boards, disc drives, electrical components aren't there- so I think that is someones "dream PS4" and won't be a reality either.

I actually think that none of what we are posting will be even close to the finished product! From what most of the companies say, the current systems will probably be around for another 2-3 years anyway because game developers have not even came close to utilizing the full potential of the current systems. After seeing the new Xbox(slim)360 I think a new system is a ways off.

The Xbox 360 Kinect is on pre-order status right now for an add on of $150.00.

Microsoft-Kinect.jpg

The Kinect is fact. As for the Xbox 360 changing it's format other than more/expanded memory, faster drive and other things, yes! I do not see the bases/basics of the Xbox changing.

I already have heard of soft and even hard mods for the Kinect popping up. One is to have video recognition via a laptop screen or something????

For me I will just stick to me "rear" entry, 30ga multi-wire microprocessor less, no timer modded controller for now.

Candy-wire-Xbox-360-controller-mod-thumb

Guinness World Records, the global authority on record breaking, today confirm that the Kinect for the Xbox 360 is the Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device. The hardware, that allows controller-free gaming, sold through an average of 133,333 units per day, for a total of 8 million units in its first 60 days on sale from 4 November 2010 to 3 January 2011.

The sales figures outstrip both the iPhone and the iPad for the equivalent periods after launch.

Gaz Deaves, Editor of Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer’s Edition, said: “The sales figures here speak for themselves. We can confirm that no other consumer electronics device sold faster within a 60-day time span, an incredible achievement considering the strength of the sector.”