• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

150 CC Scooter Question

zamboni

Yes !

Anything above 49cc or, I believe 2hp.

but it is super easy to get and then you can legally ride bigger bikes. whether it be test drives, friends bikes or rentals. Get the bigger scooter. Don't let the need for an endorsement deter you. Your permit is obtained by a written test (or on computer). You are then legal to drive. Can't drive at night, with a passenger or without a helmut. After you gain some experience, the driving test is pretty easy as well.

I don't have the reg's infront of me at the moment, but be careful on stating you can ride "bigger" bikes.

If I remember correctly, there is a displacement cutoff. Take the test on anything smaller than a certain dispalcement and it's not valid for larger bikes.

You could get the permit in one trip to the DMV. Just ask for the booklet and read it over thoroughly before you take the permit test. It's $20 when you pass and its valid for 1 year. Along with the restrictions above you can't ride on an Interstate HWY.

Or if you are under 18, like me, you have to take the class, once you pass that you have to take the written permit test and then take the road test. pretty stupid if you ask me when i already passed the road test in the class.

Or get the permit and take the Motorcycle Safety Course and pass it and you will have your endorsement. $160.

That's a good idea and I believe they provide the Motorcycle also?

Iceking I understand the frustration but riding a motorcylce requires special skills, knowledge, and a high level of awareness. Younger drivers are much more likely to be involved in a crash when it comes to motor vehicles in general so I don't have to much of a problem with this as Motorcycles are a less forgiving beast when it comes to safety..

Good Luck you'll be there soon!

Wow, $160 for the motorcycle course? Holy schnikes, glad I took it 22 years ago. shocked

Excellent points Pier.

Yep, for the small renewal fee every few years. They will burry me with it before I let it expire! Also, I think the cut off for testing on a bigger bike is a 250cc. At least it was the time I had to test up! wink

That's a voluntary motorcycle training course guys for novice and or advanced drivers for between $55 and $160 depending on what you want to learn. The $160 gets you actual training, a bike to use and your license if you choose to go that route.

You can still get your Motorcycle permit for $20 and Motorcycle license for another $20 or so last I checked I do believe. You do have to renew your Drivers license also with the Motorcycle endorsement too.