• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

scoot -

I know this isn't the right spot to get your attention, but you seem to be here plenty.

I was in the canadian forum and noticed you were heading up there with your son. did you have any issues crossing the boarder and what did you need for id for the kid? I am heading up with my son and just wanting to make sure.

thanks -

you can get me at travis.steffensenatgmail.com otherwise.

Yep, I think DonBo's info will have it all in there.

The short answer that I've found and am going to go with is this: I crossed the border a few weeks ago without my son and asked about it there. The customs agent told me I'd need a copy of my son's birth certificate and a letter from his mother stating that it's ok for me to bring him across the border (she should sign it, date it, and provide a phone number to reach her at). I asked at both the US and Canadian customs, so I should be covered.

We're headed up the last week of July. Good luck to you on your trip!

thanks much fellas - the problem is that my dad is told that my son needs a passport from the local post offices???

anyhow - good luck and you'll have to post let me know if you find out differently.

Where you going? We are heading up to lac suel end of aug.

I believe your dad was given bum info. But, I'm not trying to sound like an expert on the topic- I'm just telling you what the agents told me. For a little peace of mind, you might consider calling the two offices at the place you'll be crossing at. That way you'll have the info "right from the horses' mouths". Be sure to write down the name of the agent you talk with and what he/she said- if anything gets goofy, you can give them that info- what you were told and who told you it.

We'll be going to the Canadian side of LOW. We do an annual trip up there that we call "The Father/Son Trip". It's so much fun! All of the adults and kids look forward to it for the entire year. As long as the weather cooperates, we have a blast! This will by my little boy's first trip up- he's reached the magical age of five, which is when most of the dads in our family have started to take their sons on the trip. He and I are both very excited for the trip.

Have a great time Scoot with your son.

Before you know it, he will also be archery hunting with you.

You bet I will! I can't wait!!!

He's been out in a stand and a ground blind with me a few times. Mostly he eats candy and scares away deer. smile He says he can't wait to come with again this year though- so I can't wait for him to scare more deer away! I just take him for quick trips at my mother-in-law's place, which works out pretty well.

You are more than welcome to bring him along to the ranch when you go out there.

Not an issue at all.

Cool- thanks as always. I'll have to give him a test run this year and see if he's ready for it. If he is, I'm all for it!