• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

is a bow considered a firearm?

A bow is not considerd a firearm but It is a weapon. I know a person with a felony charge and they cant hunt with a gun/firearm but can bow hunt and I have also asked this question to the DNR for this person but this person wanted to know if he could use a cross bow during firearm season and the answer I got from the DNR was No only a bow. No firearm or no crossbow so this tells me that a crossbow is considerd a fireare in the DNR's eyes.

Thanks for the info guys! and i am not a fellon. I got a gross mistominer, so like Redlantern said some citys lump it in with a firearm. Does that mean just by having my bow in my truck certin places i would be in violation. I dont wanna do jail time because i love to hunt, but i will give it up for a year if i half to. Is their any clear answer Im already gonna be missin duck, deer, coyotye, etc i would still love to get out in the woods.Please help with any info, should i try contacting the dnr police a lawyer??? i just dont wanna step over my boundrys!

A gross misdemeanor shouldn't keep you from being able to have a firearm, let alone a bow. I would talk to lawyer, they work for you, the cops dont know what they are talking about sometimes.

My brother's son has a felony charge pending, and will be dropped after one more year of probation. He can't hunt with a gun. Lives in northern MN. He can only hunt with a bow and has done so during the fire arm season. But I agree you should double check with you local Sheriff.

Bluebill, as discussed in the other place you asked, the only true way to know what you're allowed to use is to talk to your lawyer or the court person in charge of your court order.

No amount of speculation, however accurate, online can help you. The only answer lies with the court. If you're worried about contacting them have your lawyer check. Its not worth going to jail over to have a bow in your car.

Loose, lawyers don't work for you, they work for money. THe more money you have the better lawyer you get.

Yes you can get a firearm restriction related to a gross mis. Its all about how it went down and that's none of our business.

You can ask this in a dozen different forums and get three dozen different answers-- why not take the advice given and contact the authorities, document the info you get, and be done with it? I don't get it...

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't get why you'd post this here after you've gotten a ton of feedback already. What more do you have to gain by posting it in another place?