• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flat boat fenders

I've used them on my 19.25 bass boat and on my 16.50 Navigator.

I think they are kind of a pain in the backside. But that's mostly because I wasn't willing to pop in extra cleats just for the bumpers and there isn't much room for the strap to fit through the cleat while you're tied up.

I usually ended up tying the bumpers to whatever else I could find, the "oh sh..." handles in particular. wink

Personally, I like the kind that you can put over the dock poles and attach to the sides so there's no messing around with stowing the bumpers once you get going. Of course, that's not something worth taking the time to do at a public launch either.

But if it's your dock, say to heck with it and get a lift. crazy

Kwik Tek Hull Hugr™ Fenders at Gander are a good flat fender system. The two section fenders conform to tapered hulls and protect the gunwale very well.

31C8ff410DL.jpg2336107C.jpg

The long single section flat fender is a good choice for deeper tall boats like pontoons.

253-HH11W.jpg

They store easily, that is a big selling point for them.

They are awesome!

buy the ones in the first picture with the "joints".

They arent very expensive - I think like 12 bucks each or so...I bought 3 and have one for the front , middle and back. I just store them in the livewell when not using them, They are flat and dont take up much space at all. You wont be dissapointed.

I bought some a few years ago. I don't have a need to use them very much, but I added a samll section of rope and they work good on my crestliner. But the best is that they store very nice, especially better than the round ones. I ALWAYS have them in my boat, just in case I need them.

I run 'em on my rig and love 'em. Got mine from Cabelas but I'm sure they're all the same brand.

Anyways, I tie mine to the rails on the bow and stern with some short bungee cords that have a 1" plastic ball on one end. Loop the bungee through the eye of the fender, wrap the bungee around the rail and just slip the end of the bungee over the plastic ball at the fender.

Works slick.