• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reverse Question for you sled heads

Gordie

Depends on the system, what is it out of? My 03 Skidoo actually runs the engine backwards so there is no way regearing would work. I know the older polaris' (about 01-06) used some sort of mechanism in the driveline to do it but I'm not sure what it is. The issue is that both forward and reverse are ran through the same chaincase, which is where you would make your change, so change it for reverse and you would change it for fwd speed as well, unless you want to do some major fabrication.

Well this project will be nothing less than major fabrication so thats not out of the question and yes the ski doo one will not work so most likely it will be a polaris chain case. I think that I will have to look at a couple of differnt options for my project.

Thanks for the info Troutkingmaster

Elwood, don't keep us in suspense!!! smile

OK I was thinking of building a surface drive mud motor for my Jon boat but I want to make an inboard sounds kinda crazy but I think I have it figured out. I basically need and outdrive perferablyone with a forward / nuetral/reverse I think one out of a golf cart would work better than a gear case out of a snow machine but Ive turned my sights to a differnt option thuo longtail motor with a 70-100 horsepower harley motor and of course it'll have fish fin grin

And you are so right about the worlds major problems now if I could just get the rest of the world to listen to us laugh

You could check out the Beavertail Predator for some ideas. It's running a 75 HD Evo engine. Sounds like they built it with an all tube frame to support the HP. There are some vids of it out there...it sounds pretty mean!

Let us know when it's done, I'll bring the video camera!!! grin

You could check out the Beavertail Predator for some ideas. It's running a 75 HD Evo engine. Sounds like they built it with an all tube frame to support the HP. There are some vids of it out there...it sounds pretty mean!

Let us know when it's done, I'll bring the video camera!!! grin

Sorry 311Hemi, but I cracked up a little when I seen what you posted. grin That has been Gordie's dream set-up for the last couple years. I remember over a year ago in my garage Gordie going into detail about this set-up. Just too funny you would bring up exactly what he would love to do. grin

Extreme example here lol, but telling Gordie to check out the Beavertail is like telling Bill Dance to try fishing for bass. laugh

I had to pinch myself cause I thought I was dreaming I've been thinking of this very thing for the past couple Three years as shack has stated with the exception I want to use a harley motor because less space will be used up.

I may have to contact this guy