• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your ideal first round for the Wolves....

Coach1310

Nice posts jparucci and Coach. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Wolves' drafting. I think Johnson will be decent, but it would have been nice to get a real star at #4. It would have been nice to see Cousins here, but like Coach1310 says, there are probably situations where certain players fail or succeed, and I would guess Minnesota would be a poor fit for DeMarcus. That statement could be made about a lot of players with potential, and its impossible to prove, so call it my gut feeling.

We essentially draft Luke Babbitt and trade him for Martell Webster. And we draft another undersized power forward in Trevor Booker, to be traded for Lazar Hayward and a Serbian small forward. Might as well stash away half of Europe while we wait on Rubio.

I'm not gonna stay up for the second round. *Yawn* Maybe its better to have a boring draft than watch the Wolves trade away or let another good player slip between their fingers.

I can't even begin to explain how dissappointed I am in the Wolves at the moment. Johnson is a SOLID pick and I think without so many swings and misses in the past, Cousins would have been the guy and I think he will be a really good player in the league, but who knows... I was pretty bummed to see George and Henry off the board at 16, but I thought, well Anderson would be a good fit--polished guy who can shoot and high basketball IQ or Babbit because the guy can score and is a tough as nails competitive type... then we trade him and Gomes for Webster??? Not quite sure what we gained?? Yeah we got rid of the Gomes contract, but Webster is still owed over 10 million and a career avg of 9pts per game?? I think Babbit would have been a great fit for the Wolves.... you know what happens when we draft a guy and trade him?? Then we take Booker, trade him to the Wiz so we can take ANOTHER undersized forward and then some guy from Serbia?????

So instead of my ideal first round we got....

Wes Johnson... solid, nothing to get excited about

Webster...... if he couldn't be good in Portland, he won't be here...

Hayward....... Ryan Gomes clone, but unproven

some Serbian... and odds point to the fact he will never make it over anyway..

AND

we get rid of Ryan Gomes

AND

we still don't have a decent shooting guard

AND

Big Al and his contract are still on the Wolves roster.... yipee...gotta run, want to be first in line for twolves season tickets

I'm definitely not saying they know what they're talking about, but Sludge & Lake on KFAN loved the trade when it was announced. They claim Webster can really shoot and will be our starting SG. They also claim his PPG were more a result of having being behind Brandon Roy and having to defer Roy, Aldridge & Co when he was on the court.

I have no idea. I've heard Webster's name, but that's about it.

Fingers crossed. It would be nice if the Wolves were relevant again.

Nice posts jparucci and Coach. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Wolves' drafting. I think Johnson will be decent, but it would have been nice to get a real star at #4.

Dicky Vitale, who follows college hoops better than anyone, is already saying Johnson will probably be rookie of the year in the NBA next season, so that can't be too bad of a pick.

Whats up with Washington? Seemed like half of the draft had "rights traded to Washington" by their names. No way they can sign all them players, plus the #1 overall, unless he gets moved.

Liked Johnson at #4 in basically a two player draft, after that, we'll see what happens. Webster is supposed to be solid and is supposed to have a good outside shot, which we need. Supposedly the plan is to have Webster and Johnson spread the floor on the wings.