• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

Heads-up: Sony has announced a planned PlayStation Network outage for tomorrow, March 9th, from 8am - 7pm PST to conduct maintenance. This next part probably goes without saying; But during this window, PS3 players will be unable to connect Online to Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Good, I was up all night Sunday night - Monday plowing snow, slept until 7 am Tuesday, put the kids on the bus, doc appts, property manager meetings for new properties, then up all night Tuesday night - now waiting for this last, what, 1/4-1/2" that fell on the north side of the cities??

The kids are with the wife, and if PS3 shuts me out for the day, maybe I'll actually get some sleep, or else I'd be stuck playing all day.

One nice thing about no snow, I played most of the night and am finally getting some guns back after thinking I had time to prestiege again on the double XP last weekend, until life in general kept me away from the game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am ready for the next game. Black Ops has been such a roller coaster that I really just do not care for it much. They have changed around the game so much with updates since update one. Rarely is the game working on a level where actual players are the result of a matches outcome. 3-4 months after, when I started to play MW2 my only concern with the game was how I could play more than just 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. wink BLOPs is nothing like how MW2 was. For some reason you can not switch back after the mental change over to Black Ops. BOLPs has some good graphics and map lay outs.

Just last night Andy, Rob and I where playing and something was manipulating or not working right in one lobby. Enough to make a guy almost rage quit. It is one thing to be beaten by another player who is better than you or even to a glitch you do not know about. It is another thing though to loose to the game causing the failure. MW2 4 months in never had as many issues as BLOPs has or enough issues that caused a guy to want to stop playing with a group because of the game. Heck!!! The only thing that got a guy to quit around 8 pm was his wife or girlfriend with MW2 unless you where just bored. I know the majority of Die Hards rolling right now never got to experience MW2, well on the Xbox at least, but "the game" when it came to MW2 used to run way smoother. I still point the finger at those gaming engines salvaged to run a modern game on an extreme level of play.

I played MW2 once Scott and just was not the same. I did get some of the original maps though. It was cool to see my old classes.

There is something more hollow about BLOPs than MW2. I think it might also stem from the fact the party system has been improved to actually work. If you go into a pre-game lobby with BO you can go a long period of time before you hear a voice. MW2 you interacted more with the opposition prior and after a match. "Smack Talk" just does not happen when you are in party chat. My Xbox Live Rep Trash Talk rating percentage is dropping way too fast. frown

As a whole MW2 plays much better that BOPS. The party system on MW2 is junk though.

No doubt the biggest issue with BOPS is the hit detection and network coding. Sometimes you get a good game and sometimes you don't. Even when you do get a good one, the hit detection still stinks.

I'm confident the next installment will be much improved and hopefully developed by the same folks who did MW2 (under a different name).

I still to this day prefer MW2 over BOps. I don't know how it played on Xbox but I know on ps3 it was flawless. Ok, you had your glitchers, your hacks, ect, but all in all the game was flawless except the party system like darren said.

I agree with Dtro, hit detection, network connections are the key to a great game. I think it all depends on the host. If you have a bad host, you are delayed in the game.

How many times have you knifed someone and a short tenth of a second later you already ran past them and they knifed you in the back but they aren't even looking in the direct you are going? You watch the kill cam and sure enough. you were knifed and killed but the player is stabbing air!

How about the 30rd's you just put into some guy and only ONE bullet hit him, he turns around on the screen and boom your dead and you have no idea how so you have to watch the kill cam. sure enough only one of your 30 bullets hit him while he was standing in one place and than turned around and randomly shot you with 3 of his bullets.

You get a good match, when someone on your team is the host, your closest to that connection.

I think that is what makes or breaks team gameplay. When the connection is in our favor, we win, when its not we have to work really hard to win.

BTW -

I'm still playing.

Looks like the XBoxer's info was wrong....

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=312

The PlayStation Network will be taken offline for maintenance on Wednesday, March 9, 2011, for approximately 11 hours during the following maintenance window:

Down Time (Start): Wednesday, March 9, 8:00 AM, Pacific Time

Down Time (End): Wednesday, March 9, 7:00 PM, Pacific Time

During this time you may:

* Not be able to access the PlayStation®Store

* Have difficulty signing in to the PlayStation®Network

* Not be able to play online games

* See a maintenance page when attempting to access the PlayStation®Network

Note: When you log into the PlayStation Network, a message may appear which states, "the PlayStation Network has been suspended". This does not mean that your account has been suspended; it simply means the PlayStation Network has been taken offline. Please wait until the maintenance window has passed before attempting to connect to the PlayStation Network again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new COD is produced by Infinity ward & Treyarch.

I sure would. The lawsuit would have to be settled and over. That is not happening anytime soon. Activison owns anything COD and Infinity Ward Respawn Entertainment owns rights to anything "modern" from Vietnam to today (maybe even future). Treyarch being involved in another COD series yes/maybe. Infinity Ward, NO WAY and why would they? They, as of now, own the rights to Modern Warfare 3 which will be the next game released and just like BO is with MW, will not include anything COD. Legally just would never happen ever, but sure not with the next (if it happens) COD edition. The real owners (holder of the rights to MW) left (fired?) Infinity Ward and started Respawn Entertainment with 38 of the 42 people employees following from Infinity Ward. Also Black Ops was billed as the final edition in the Call of Duty series prior to the release. Maybe the $650 billion in the first 5 days that dribbled over from MW2 has changed this. Either way if Treyarch is involved with another COD there is no way I am wasting my money and time with that game.

I still to this day prefer MW2 over BOps. I don't know how it played on Xbox but I know on ps3 it was flawless. Ok, you had your glitchers, your hacks, ect, but all in all the game was flawless except the party system like darren said.

I agree with Dtro, hit detection, network connections are the key to a great game. I think it all depends on the host. If you have a bad host, you are delayed in the game.

How many times have you knifed someone and a short tenth of a second later you already ran past them and they knifed you in the back but they aren't even looking in the direct you are going? You watch the kill cam and sure enough. you were knifed and killed but the player is stabbing air!

How about the 30rd's you just put into some guy and only ONE bullet hit him, he turns around on the screen and boom your dead and you have no idea how so you have to watch the kill cam. sure enough only one of your 30 bullets hit him while he was standing in one place and than turned around and randomly shot you with 3 of his bullets.

You get a good match, when someone on your team is the host, your closest to that connection.

I think that is what makes or breaks team gameplay. When the connection is in our favor, we win, when its not we have to work really hard to win.

Hence the FTG clan was formed and united. grin

Why not just say you played the match and Live tells you who won or not. Cut out the 10 minutes of either great game play against a partied up group of prestige level 15ers or really bad game play against a team who just signed up? wink Hit detection is gone with last weeks update. No more hip fire and down. People have been complaining about their accuracy gone also and actually turning off aim assist is better is what I am hearing.

The one thing I found from giving BO another shot last week and this weekend is the black ops safe area option. Mine was set to a 1'x1' box on a 55" screen. I pulled the arrows out to the edge of the screen and this has helped. It says it has to do with HUD but my HUD never changed and has always been out on the edges. I have noticed it helped with my over all aim swing.

Darren I meant Die Hard as in the screen names I see when I pop on around noon on Saturday & Sunday and come back at 10:30pm and they are still playing. If you are going all night with BO right now, you have earned the title of Die Hard in my book. grin