• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..... there goes my excuse... I thought I had a crappy connection that I could blame my 34-0 on.... Not that I thought I was a great player anyways...

I'm going back to drinking while I play... At least I can feel better by blaming my performance on that. grin

Whose playin tonight!!! I'm getting pumped, the last couple nights have been a good time.

Call of Duty . com forums Larry Lot of good info there.

I'll be on tonight for sure. Probably have to fire up some torrents or some pron to "saturate" my bandwidth. LOL

BTW I have a pretty darn good connection too:

1056232188.png

I'll be on for sure after dinner. I need to go hit the store for some loud mouth soup...lol

AND LARRY, it was 0 and 34 not 34 and 0 lol!!!

DoH... crazy .... thanks for setting the record straight... LOL. Can count on you to keep a guy honest..

Mine is terrible.... Gonna try a router reset and see what that does.

Qwest DSL ....Geez

1056371833.png

Mabie this is seriously why I'm getting owned and can't get any kind of killstreak going.

1057363256.png

I host about 50% of the games I play in, and I'm the king of assists. My Kill death ratio is still 1.5:1 or something like that. I could call in the nuke about once a week playing ground war in MW2, but it feels like I get smoked every minute in this game. I empty and entire clip into a guy and then he turns around and drops me way too often. My most effective setup is any submachine gun with exteneded mags. My perks are hardline pro, Steady aim pro, and hacker pro. I hipfire about 70% of the time when I run and gun. Claymores are way to powerful in this game and Hacker pro is a good way to find equipment and campers. I have my killstreaks set at care package, sentry gun, and chopper gunner. I change the packages and it usually will upgrade the package to something better. I can't use a suppressor at all. It's such a disadvantage, and I think the red dot actually helps me. The red dot on the game map has a long delay in BO, so after I shoot, I can run in a circle and get more kills off of the map watchers.

Mabie this is seriously why I'm getting owned and can't get any kind of killstreak going.

1057363256.png

I host about 50% of the games I play in, and I'm the king of assists. I empty and entire clip into a guy and then he turns around and drops me way too often.

That's about the same speed I get (through Comcast), and probably not coincidentally, the same problems I encounter far too often. I am lucky if I can get to a 5 or 7 kill streak before I unload a clip into a guy and he turns and kills me with one burst. Not sure why you penalize somebody with a good connection...........the online gameplay definitely still needs some work.

Not trying to pick on LFC...just a couple that I remembered from that night. smile

I also wanted to try out the Theater option to see how that worked. It's in 'beta' right now and supposed to get better over time, so they claim. You have to log into the BOps HSOforum using a Windows Live account and it also links to your YouTube account so the clips are uploaded automatically if you choose to do so.

The one limitation that is kind of tough is that you can only upload clips that are <30 seconds in length. It also takes about 10 minutes to upload from the XBOX to the HSOforum, and then another couple of hours before it actually shows up on the BOps HSOforum as well as your YouTube account. That last video took a long time before it showed up.

It's kind of neat making the clips as you can use multiple camera views or pan around to get the angle you desire using the floating camera or whatever it's called. You can also select the first person view of any of the players in the match to look at it from their perspective or use a camera that follows around whatever player you want to follow.

I don't know about this connection mumbo jumbo. Whoever has comcast probably realized they were having some issues over the weekends with their DNS servers.

One of the benefits when you might have connection issues is to check Comcast on twitter. They keep it updated, were even talking about crediting people for the outage.

A simple fix when they run into a DNS trouble like they did over the weekend is. Change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 which is googles public DNS. Seemed to temporarily fix the problem.