• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

Camp Schamp.. Whatever, who cares.. If the game didnt want you to camp, they would not have made such great camping spots. IF you dont want to die, dont go running into a room I am hiding in.. LOL BOOOO HA HA HA!!!!

I still think talkin smack is the most fun part of the game. If I get a kill, its all that much better.. I think last night I was 2nd high score or something and we won.. and one guy on our team was bragging.. I said, "Thanks for all the help Mr.10-15.. You rock. ".. there were quite a few giggles.. then I had way to much wine to drink and I gave myself a morning head ache.. dang it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, funny how the adult beverages can help out with the smack talk. grin

I sort of have a problem with the over the top stuff though, especially when I know there are a lot of 9-13yr olds playing. I tend to keep it semi PG-13, unless the Joose is flowing.

It's also hard to talk smack when you are getting your butt kicked. Some dude last night was going on and on about my playcard so I rebutted and I ended up going going like 3-18. They gave me grief after the game and then he said to his buddy, "cmon maverick let's find another game", so of I course I had to have the last word and said, "yeah maverick and take your wingman goose with you." smile

If you all want to laugh your butt off, do a search for "Elpresador Black Ops second chance". My stomach literally hurt after watching his vids.

I watched a couple of the videos, hilarious. I am not getting any work done at my desk today.

Quote:
The partying system is just simply amazing on xbox specially since it works 90% of the time.

The partying system connection is left up to to the games manufacturer and their engines. IMO opinion on Xbox Live with MW2 the connection was 100% and drops were based on the end of the players network connection. If we had problems with a player being dropped from our party, a soft reset of their router got them back into the swing again. If I was to say, with MW2 the host made all the difference with game play lag verses that fluid, quick, on top of it, style game play. BO it seems it comes down to the entire party and others on either team for some reason. I believe with MW2 there was a host per team? BO there is a host per lobby. I am also not convinced 4 ark solid green bars really means a killer connection with BO. It just means you have met the criteria to display 4 full dark green bars.

I experienced a couple nights ago a match with Leech & Darren where it seemed like nothing you could was wrong. Knifing, raising the gun and firing, down to agility and speed while moving. If you play like we do, you know this right off the bat after 3, 2, 1, is finished. When I find a match like this I have started to friend the host. Then watch when the host changes and you can instantly feel (not really see anything) the same class and on the team, the game is different and you start to get crushed.

I do not think there are nearly as many hackers/mod now in BO as there was by now with MW2. The only things I have seen are involving private matches and gamer tag stuff. Maybe something with Zombies. JTag is no more also as of now. If anything I believe hackers are being replaced by manipulators. grin

PI there are literally only 2 or 3 ways your console will be banned from Xbox Live. If they banned people for that, no one could play or would be playing. grin

Found this on a gamer HSOforum (YTD - doesn't say specific date through, guessing sometime in Nov):

Call of Duty: Black Ops(X360)

Activision 4,273,790

Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)

Activision 2,376,843

BTW,

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (X360)

Activision 8,103,340

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)

Activision 4,726,435

That's a lot of games for the series and Activision!!!

Shack, I think you are confusing "party" and just a group of players in the same lobby. The party thing is the same across the board for XBox live. I can be in a party and not even be playing a game. Heck you can be in a party and watching Netflix talking to your buddies playing COD.

That little symbol to the left of our name in the lobby means that they are in a "party" and they are the only people that can commincate with each other.

Also you don't automatically to into a party you have to manually set one up. Then it gets REAL confusing when you invite someone to you game, but not your party. Larry and I struggled with this over and over again when he first got MW2.

oh and you can most certainly be banned for bad language or offensive behavior. Read the TOS, it's there.

There are a ton of messages I've read in which folks were banned for boosting in BOPS, just for participating in a match with boosters. Treyarch has taken this into their own hands with this game and has enlisted folks as "spies" on live games to watch for this stuff.

You really never know who is in your lobby wink

It was a blast talking smack in the wage matches. A free for all between FMers would be fun some night too. It's always more fun to kill your buddies than kill with your buddies.

I stuck the tomahawk in someones forehead last night...that was awesome.

Down 11.01 mbs

Up 0.95mbs

Ping 51ms ...pretty slow

I don't understand why people are so down about camping. I think its a neglected part of the game and could also be a big advantage if a team has one.

I like to do both. Its just a matter how I fee like being killed. Running or Croutching

I would like either you or larry to give my ps3 a try sometime since you two are close. It be interesting hearing some thoughts on ps3 game play coming from an Xbox guy. I could ask Hop or JPZ but I have never seen them on Xbox only on ps3.

The last few matches I have played there have been more campers that I used to see on the 360 but thats just my thought.

It was a blast talking smack in the wage matches. A free for all between FMers would be fun some night too. It's always more fun to kill your buddies than kill with your buddies.

I stuck the tomahawk in someones forehead last night...that was awesome.

Good idea, I am down for some FM Free for all. See ya online tonight. Looks like I do not have to head to Wisconsin today!

I think the camping thing is viral, once you start running around and getting shot, you start complaining like everyone else because they are taking advantage of your weakness.

When I first got on Live back in the day of the OG Xbox, I played Ghost Recon probably more than I play this game. Always with the same group of guys though. We played a game type called Base. One team was a defender the other was on the offense. There was an area that the offense had to capture in a certain time limit.

We only had 1 life and let me tell you it was a blast!! That was camping to the extreme. You would never just run to the base, you would take the scenic route and even when you did get there you would spend a couple minutes checking for land mines, C4 etc, or even send in a teammate to see where they might be hiding. It was very strategic, but not for everyone.

Oh yeah and back in the day, you had to push a button to talk like a CB radio, and only one person at a time. It was cumbersome, but you didn't have 15 people shouting at once.

Yeah the camping really does seem to be down in this game but maybe its just my imagination, maybe it has has something to do with it being new, or maybe its because the game doesnt rely so heavily on overpowered, high level killstreaks.

My connection was downright horrible last night. One bar... It was funny I really wasnt expierencing any lag but the hit detection was super delayed. I was pumping clips into guys to get a kill, thought the shotgun on nuketown (hate that level! who voted that level twice?) would even things up. Nope, the kills I did get showed up a good second after I shot. Made for lots of frustration, had to log off and reset the router.

I gotta add you other PS3 guys next time we're on. I think a FM Free For All has to happen.

Yeah the camping really does seem to be down in this game but maybe its just my imagination, maybe it has has something to do with it being new, or maybe its because the game doesnt rely so heavily on overpowered, high level killstreaks.

My connection was downright horrible last night. One bar... It was funny I really wasnt expierencing any lag but the hit detection was super delayed. I was pumping clips into guys to get a kill, thought the shotgun on nuketown (hate that level! who voted that level twice?) would even things up. Nope, the kills I did get showed up a good second after I shot. Made for lots of frustration, had to log off and reset the router.

I gotta add you other PS3 guys next time we're on. I think a FM Free For All has to happen.

what's your handle, I will try and send you an request when I get on tonight.

oh and you can most certainly be banned for bad language or offensive behavior. Read the TOS, it's there.

There are a ton of messages I've read in which folks were banned for boosting in BOPS, just for participating in a match with boosters. Treyarch has taken this into their own hands with this game and has enlisted folks as "spies" on live games to watch for this stuff.

You really never know who is in your lobby wink

Well they have really done a poor job then huh? grin With MW2 I mean. We have talked about the moles before while playing. One of the reasons for being booted is traceable third party trickery, which boosting on MW2 was based around. It took a person to set up a live lobby via Jtag if I am correct? I have never heard of anyone loosing Live privileges or being banned for bad language. Loosing the ability to chat yes, but not loosing or booted from live.

I under stand the Party system very well. I may have confused you with hosting a party and hosting a game lobby. I think though it has been split into two now since the last big update. I think you can be playing in one party and chatting in another. Let's say Dtro hosts a party for playing multi-player in Black Ops. Pure Insanity has a party going on another game be we like to chat. I can play with Dtro but chat with PI. I am almost certain that now you can even merge your fellow people into you own party organization screen of sorts, where you can see all of them, what their doing but they can not cross over like this to the other side of your party.

This explains the old way and as we have all found, the party system after this last update has changed.

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I think the camping on Xbox has to with the some of the problems with Black Ops (really not seen with MW2) and like Dtro had said previously, you feel the lag the best thing to do is pitch a tent and camp.

thought the shotgun on nuketown (hate that level! who voted that level twice?)

Might have been me frownsmile

That is the only level I do any sort of camping.

Once I get my 5 kill streak I go to camp mode until I get my sentry and attack helicopter. Than I am run and gun again. We won every time though.