• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How did you do on the opener Jarrid? I haven't fished it in years, that's why I didn't answer earlier. Was kind of hoping someone else would jump in.

I was out there today and caught some pretty nice bluegills and a few crappies, didn't try for walleyes though.

Sorry for the late response snooze button! We did limit out on eyes on the opener. Also boated some nice crappies while fishing the walleyes. It was very windy, but worth the trip. Two weeks later we made it down there again, and only got one keeper walleye. However we did boat a lot of small ones. I really like the minong flowage, but it seems there's a monkey see monkey do attitude out there. Once we found and caught fish, here comes all the other boats on the lake. Oh well, you'll have that! ..... And oh yeah, live bait! Take care!

Jar, I dont know what your lunch plans are, but give me a call if you ant to meet at POGOS or something. I am taking out some guys from the Duluth Tribune, but they are taking off at around noon, so I will be free after that! Hope the weather plays in our favor this year. Last year it was very windy, although we did catch fish!

I will be there also, right next to Jars usual spot. That way I can at least watch him catch fish smile. Was that 3- 4 yrs ago John when you told me there wernt very many big ones in there and bang you were releasing a hog smile.

My plan is to fish there for half a day. Eat lunch at Pogos and then off to a a crappie lake.

I'll be there , probably with my daughter , yeah lets meet for lunch at pogos..

Ran... yeah that kinda surprised me that day but that year was a good year class for eyes there..

that crappie lake in the afternoon ? the one near by?

Jar

Change of plans...... Gotta go to Hibbing and help coach my boys pole vault team and on Sunday we have our Easter\ Mothers Day dinner frown First Opener I've missed since moving to Wisconsin in 1991 ...

Jar Jar

Finally made a decision and I will be out there as well. Can't wait to try out the flowage for the first time. Hopefully the rain will stay away. Jarrid, maybe your brother will grace my boat with one of those 30 inchers.

I think im out for Sat too. I kinda have to choose between this wkend on minong or next wkend on the river with the sitter situation. Gotta choose the river opener. I may hit the south shore trolling Sat afternoon. Good luck Sat guys.

YEs 1 more day! I sure hope someone catches and releases a nice big fat gator! Looking forward to the fun fun fun that we always seem to have on the flowage! Jar / Ran, wish you guys could make it! See ya soon though !! Make sure to get the paper on Sunday....

Wow was it a great day to be out on the water yesterday. You could not ask for better opener weather. It was hard to find legal walleyes out there but it sure was fun to try.

We were out there yesterday and found 66 degree water temps. The crappies have moved into deeper water and the bluegills are just starting to move in. Only managed 4 crappies but caught a lot of nice bluegills in 2 to 3 feet of water. We also picked up a few walleyes drifting in about 8 to 10 feet (that's also where we caught the crappies.) All in all, a pretty good day on the water.

BTW Jarrid, I changed the title of the thread, hope that's okay with you.

Well, I don't know if this is good news or bad but I was out there yesterday and the DNR was there marking milfoil. Today they were going to begin eradicating it.

BTW, the water temps jumped to 79 in just a few days. Still getting bluegills in shallow and a few small walleyes and some crappies in 9 to 12 feet.

Jarrid, how was the fishing on the St. Croix?