• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dean Blais' contract extended @ UNO

wolfman-k

April 1 — Nebraska-Omaha and coach Dean Blais have agreed to a two-year contract extension that takes his contract through to 2014-15 season.

Mavericks athletic director Trev Alberts had his contract extended to the same span.

“We are thrilled by the progress the team made under Dean’s leadership in his first season as head coach,” Alberts said in a news release. “By extending his contract, we hope to bring further stability to the position and give Dean and his staff a better opportunity to put their mark on the program through recruiting and player development.”

Blais led the Mavericks to a 20-16-6 record this season and a sixth-place finish in the CCHA.

“The university is clearly committed to the success of the hockey program, and I am committed to the job we began here last season,” Blais said. “My wife and I have come to enjoy Omaha and with this extension, I anticipate being able to finish my head coaching career here at UNO.”

Blais’ name frequently comes up in connection with many high-profile coaching destinations, including his alma mater, Minnesota.

The Mavericks are moving from the CCHA to the WCHA next season.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey...l#ixzz0judvOhfE

I was just reading that UNO athletic director Trev Alberts wants to put there college on the map and he thinks that hockey will be the sport to do it. They have a 16,000 seat arena. They want to build a winning tradition. Good for them. Moneytalks, right Scott.

The Mavericks are moving from the CCHA to the WCHA next season.

Good for Dean. He can put an indelible brand on the UNO program and go back to rubbing elbows with all his WCHA buddies and rivals. I know my Dad will look forward to yakking with him more often. Blais = drive, dedication and class. smilesmile

I remember a couple weeks ago Virg had a column begging Dean Blais not to sign with the Gophers. He must of took your dads advice Steve(Virg Foss writer for the GF herald). I look forward to some of the articles he will have next year with the new WCHA.

If I knew how to paste that article on this thread I would. I know some of the Gopher fans would get a kick out of it.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Us getting BlaZe would be almost as good as US getting Favre from Steves other favorite team... smilewink Not quite tho! grin

Packer and Sioux fans are VERY generous people. gringrin

Didn't help you in Favre's case, though. winkwink

I think it did. We beat the packers twice.

Originally Posted By: Steve Foss

I think it did. We beat the packers twice.

If you care more about beating the Pack than you do about winning a Super Bowl, I reckon your bar is set a bit too low. I'd call it the dumbing down of the Queens fans, but they've been browbeaten by high expectations and low performance since, oh, the early '60s or so. winkwink

Care to try again?

Originally Posted By: fishing tech

I think it did. We beat the packers twice. [/quote']

If you care more about beating the Pack than you do about winning a Super Bowl, I reckon your bar is set a bit too low. I'd call it the dumbing down of the Queens fans, but they've been browbeaten by high expectations and low performance since, oh, the early '60s or so. winkwink

I am not a big football fan, but when the vikes beat the packers I don;t have to listen to the loud mouths spouting off.

Actually it did. If Jackson or Rosenfels were the Vike's starter, they wouldn't have gone as far as they did.

As far a Blais goes, if the Gophers offered him the job and he turned it down I would be surprised. UNO will have a tough time getting enough quality players to make a championship caliber team.