• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team #1

Wallydog

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a spectacular morning hosting an 11 yr old and his father for their first turkey hunt. Listened to the mountain turkey woods wake up, heard 'em gobble, had a hen whup up on my DSD hen decoy, finally 3 jakes came a stutting in and put on quite a show at 15-20 yards gobbling in unison multiple times! Hunter said he wanted to whack one and did a fine job doing so. Congrats Hunter.

WD

wENT OUT THIS EVENING TO MY HUNTING AREA AND SEEN 5 BIG TOMS STRUTTING AROUND 4 HENS, SURE GETS YOU PUMPED UPHEADING OUT LATER THIS WEEK IN THE MORNINGS TO SEE WHERE THEY ARE ROOSTING, LAST YEAR OPENING MORNING I CALLED 9 TOMS WITHIN 30 YARDS AND WHEN I SCOUTED I ONLY SEEN UP TO 4 IN THAT AREA. ENDED UP WITH A 21# WITH A 10.5 INCH BEARD BUT ONLY HAD 3/4 INCH SPURS. I GUESS NOBODY WANTS A TEAM NAME SO HOW ABOUT NOT EVEN HAVING ONE.

Team "whatever we are", I'm headed for the Clearwater Country tomorrow scouting & visiting with landowners on Wed. and getting after them Thursday a.m. Hanging around long enuf to take in another NWTF banquet Saturday night. Then pointing south for Boise on Sunday with reports and hopefully photos & statistics. I'm headed to the same property that yielded the 5 bearded monster a couple of years ago! Hopefully I'll bumble into some of his grandsons.

Cheers,

WD

Hey guys thanks for the thoughts and prayers and Audrey is still doing well. I hope everbody is having a good season so far. I talked to my Pa who is out in the Hills now and it sounds like the are having a tough season so far. Sounds like the bird population is down out there from what some of the locals have told them. Good luck everyone!

haverhunting,

Well paulies did not re-open, The guys who own victoria house or haus, bought it. i was in there three weeks ago, they didnt have a full menu but, they're a beer and pizza joint with pastsa's, but what i did have was really good. so i want to go and try it some time with a full menu.

Good luck lc! I inherited a Bmobile last night! laugh

Carefull with that bad boy. I got one last year and have not had great success with it. Next time I use it, it will have a jake fan installed. I believe the full fan I've been useing is scaring birds away.

I hear ya, seen decoys look like magic one day and a curse the next. Its an option for those dirty devils where I'm going tomorrow - they love to roost and strut on the neighbors. Can't hunt there so its an option to try to pull one across the line fence.