• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 4=SPUR COLLECTORS

Gordie

it was a blast thats for sure, funny thing is when he was hunting the with guides bow he had to go back into the field and pick the arrows up cause he ran out laugh it was sure fun though the guide and his wife were two of the nicest people i have met i would love to go back down there and get a few more.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one day left so my fingers are crossed and the triggers ready to pull

You better pull out a late inning ralley with all the guff you were giving me earlier. 22# is the number to beat. grin

Good luck! wink

You better pull out a late inning ralley with all the guff you were giving me earlier. 22# is the number to beat. grin

Good luck! wink

If my memorie serves me corectly you started it Don laugh and it seems that everytime I give a little guff the turkey bag stays empty so never again... NOT laugh

Well sorry guys no bird for me this year.

I started my hunt on saturday on a vegtable farm that I have never hunted before but the guy said that he had been seeing turkeys every day and he pointed out the fields that they had been in.

I set up on the edge of a plowed field with a grass strip then another field the grass step was about 10 yrds wide and the feild I was in was about 20 yrds wide well as the sun started to rise a gobbler sounded of I gave him a call and then it was game on he was very vocal and it sounded as if their was a jake close by as well.

After he flew down from the roost he started my way and he was gobbling to beat the band I tought I had it made. There is a slight hump in the other field then a field road and the gobbler was headed for me but I couldnt see he but I knew he was close by his gobbles.

I looked up to thathump for him and couldnt see him he was there when all I seen was his fan cresting the hill/hump and he was on his way to me.

A hen came over the hump first then a jake I thiought this was in my favor as they saw a decoy that I put out down the field a ways. Then the Tom came into full veiw all fanned out and I about Sh-t my pants this was by far the biggest Tom I have ever seen and beautiful. This Gobbler was as big as a VW bug with a fan it was a true monster turkey and he would not come into range for any thing .

the hen and the jake came rushing to the decoy about thirty yrds away but Tom stayed back about 60-65 yrds out watched him for 25 min. he was taunting me. I tried to think of how to make it work but it just didnt I all most got up and ran at him but that would have been a mess also.

He dissapeared back in the woods so I got up to cut him off but no luck I got a nother glimps of him for a couple seconds thou.

I found his roost so the next morning I snuck in the woods to make something work and as I sat down he let out a gobble and it made me jump cause he was with in 50 yrds I tried calling to get his intrest then a jake chimmed in in the tree in front of me.

The jake flew down about forty yrds to the east of me then I heard the wings of the Tom and plop he was on the ground Darn near in my lap but smack dap behind me.

I made a few soft clucks then a hen joined in and the jake and Tom started moving along the ridge around my right side but still behind me I couldnt move they were coming around and about 35 yrds away so I seen theis big ash tree and when they got behind it I turn and threw up my gun then I waited and waited and when they appeared they were 60 yrds away they quarterd away from the tree. I got to watch this big Tom again do the strutt for the hen or he was just letting me know that he slipped by me again.

I had a great time hunting and learned some new stuff and as always wished I would have done tings a bit different.

Next year Don I will be a force to recon with grin

Next year Don I will be a force to recon with grin

I have no doubts. Sounds like you had some excitement though. It really is more about the gobble than the gobbler.

gotta love the cats.

Don thats it excatly the Gobble, when he is so close and he lets out a gobble that sends shivers thru your spine its that adrenline rush that keeps me going.

Bird down, grin Friday morning one hour in the hunt. 20.14 lbs,11.1/8 in.beard and 1 5/16 in. hook other 1 1/16 in. hook tip broken

have to down load yet and e-mail to some one to post.

sorry on the tag soup Elwood, looks good but taste's bad. that S.D. tag had a gluey flavor and stuck to the roof of the mouth.

probley when the season is over at this stage of the game, there is only one left standing.

sounds like Elwood needs a new long range heat seeker.

got my boy on his first turkey and thats what it was all about for me this year. so the tag soup isnt as bitter as it could have been.

Elwood, after I went turkey hunting I told my son (34 yrs ) to not go turkey hunting, it was a bad habit , bUT NO HE DID NOT LISTEN. But it is fun and have had great times togather. he got a nice tom two weeks ago. (23 lbs) Now this old spur collector gave him some thing to shoot for in spurs and beard lenth. smirk His deer are always bigger than mine though.