• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diamond (Bowtech) Nuclear Ice for Kids

stick

I was shopping around to get my 9 year old a bow so she can start shooting with me. I was thinking Genesis, but the Nuclear Ice is a great little package. Adjustable from 10-29 lbs and shoots up to 200 fps. Great little compact package. She wants to shoot every night now...priceless.

I finally settled on this bow for my five year old. I'll give it to him for his b-day this coming Nov. He'll be very excited about it! It's got a large poundage range and a huge drawlength range too. Looks like a nice little package.

I am also looking to buy this one for my 4 year old daughter. Talked to a few dealers and they all recomended this package for the young ones. 250.00 is not a bad price for the package either.

Nice up grade from her walmart package and the modified arrows i made for her.

Lol , No kiding Scoot. I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip. Makes the decision a little easier as i am looking at buying the DR2 also. For me of course. I was looking at a mission bow for my daughter but she cant get it pulled back just yet so i will save that one for down the road.

Just want to keep her going while she is showing intrest. Thanks again.

CC HURL

I agree the Menace is the better setup as I have looked at them also. Once you dress them up and add some arrows your in at around 450.00 to 500.00.

The problem I ran into with the Menace is that my daughter can't pull it back yet. The reason I am going with the Nuclear Ice is because she can pull it back and you get the hole package for 180.00. Not a bad Bow for the money and when she is ready and still shows intrest in the sport I will get her the Menace or what ever good youth bow is on the market at that time.

Right now it just does not work for were we are at in her early archery day's. The main goal for me here is to keep her going as long as she is showing intrest.

I will agree with the nuclear ice, As I bought it for my daughter last yr (7) and she loves it it is nice and easy for her to pull. once a week I adjust the poundage (with out her knowing) and if she has some trouble i will back it off when we are done for the day, she has increased her start weight by 12 Lbs over winter, and is shooting paper plate groups at 20 yards, her goal is turkey hunt with me next yr 2011, ya gotta love it when they show that much intrest at a young age. She will be runnign the camera this year for turkeys.

I agree the Menace is the better setup as I have looked at them also. Once you dress them up and add some arrows your in at around 450.00 to 500.00.

Yep, I found the same thing with the Menace. My five year old doesn't need a $400+ set up! I can get the whole package for less than half that with the Nuclear Ice. Plus, I'm not looking for anything that'll let him hunt (at least for anything besides gophers). In four or five years I'll be looking for something else, so I can't see dropping a ton of money.

The Nuclear Ice also has a very similar look to my bow- camo and black. My little boy will think that's pretty dang cool.

That Diamond is nice, but look at the Fuse Achery Bows for kids, it has about the same adjustments, but may hang in there for a few more years.

We bought our youngest one last year and she is a very small framed 10 year old that will be growing into it for years.

Only thing I changed was I put a different rest on the bow, the one it came with was quite cheesy.

Yep, I looked at the Fuse products and I agree, they look nice! I like the Nuclear Ice almost as much, but I've got a lot of Cabela's credit built up and I may as well use it on a Nuclear Ice. I don't think Cabela's carries the Fuse product, do they?

No they do not carry Fuse, I had to go to a Pro shop to get it.

My daughter realy likes the bow, although when we were down to the big C store this past weekend, our youngest picked up the Nuclear and wanted to shoot it, there was just too many people there.