• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who can answer this MW2 question for me??????

LwnmwnMan2

PS3.

I'll be play Team Deathmatch with you guys, or whoever.

All of a sudden I get a black screen "No network connection detected."

If I try to get right back into playing that same TYPE of game, TDM, whatever, I get the same message.

However, if I switch to Search and Destroy, everything works fine, and as soon as I play 10-20 seconds, I can go back to the Deathmatch game??????

I don't understand.

I can play for 3-4 hours at a time, or sometimes only 1 hour.

Then all of a sudden I'll get a message "No network connection available" but yet if I go to the PS3 I have 100% signal and I can log into the Playstation store.

I can usually also play Search and Destroy. Even if I play Search and Destroy for 5 seconds, I can back out and go play TDM.

It almost seems like the large games (more than 8 players) that my router will get overloaded, or possibly the range extenders, and the PS3 just acts like there's no network connection whatsoever.

Then when I drop to the smaller games, it works.

I've done a little more research.

I DMZ'd my PS3 and found a different site to get the firmware update for the router.

The Belkin HSOforum always showed the firmware update was flawed.

I just updated the firmware and it worked.

After 10 seconds of Hardcore TDM on Underpass.... "No network connection detected. You must have an active network connection to play online or over a local network".

I've had a similar message popping up as well. "Ethernet wire disconnected" or something like that. I have a wireless router but I ran a cable. It only started doing it for me after my computer crapped out and I bought another. My router was pretty much locked down only to allow my old computer and my PS3(thanks to a computer savvy friend of mine) and his laptop. So I had to reset my router and I've had days when I just lose connection over and over and then for no reason it works fine for days. I lost connection and got back into the same Domination game 6 times. YUK ! ! !

I've also heard that my cable/internet provider(Charter) has made some changes that might be causing the problems. Has anyone used Clearwire or any others for internet and how have they worked with gaming? I have been debating on getting Direct TV cuz Charter rates are getting out of hand.

After doing the work I did the other day, it didn't work.

I forgot to power cycle everything, which I then did, and now it seems to work without dropping the signal (haven't had a chance to play 3-4 hours, just 30 minutes since then) but now I just have 2 bars on the signal, basically running yellow and not green, all the time.

If you are seeing your connection as yellow a lot, you will have HARD time competing. While it might not be noticeable, you will be lagging a few milliseconds and that is all it takes between winning and losing those up close battles.

It think I finally have it straightened out.

I got the correct firmware update for the router, and now have no problems playing.

I put my PS3 back inside the firewall and it still works fine.

There are a few matches where I have low signal, but I attribute that to the random hosts with the PSN as much as my setup.

This isn't gonna help if you are still having a problem, I just needed to agree with silverbulletguy that charter is absolutely horrible for gaming. They reset their signal or something at like 3 in the morning all the time and it screws up everything. And their prices are ridiculous.

And Dtro, how do you possible have time to play MW2 with the amount of time you spend fishing? Not to mention the 12,000+ posts you have on here. I'm gonna have to pay you to teach me some time management skills.

And Dtro, how do you possible have time to play MW2 with the amount of time you spend fishing? Not to mention the 12,000+ posts you have on here. I'm gonna have to pay you to teach me some time management skills.

I don't sleep much laugh

Catfreak-what other options are there in St Cloud other than Charter? I've heard clearwire is bad if its cloudy.

I will have days where I don't lose connection at all and just this morning I couldn't finish a game without getting the message "An ethernet cable is not connected". And then it automatically signs me in again in a matter of seconds. Not sure what to do or if its my stuff or Charter.

Have them come out and test your signal. We were having problems with our seeming slow (Comcast) and when they tested it, it was fine at the hub, but by the time it got to the house it was low (they ran the line in a roundabout way to avoid going under the driveway). They tried a booster, which helped some, but they are now going to reroute the line more directly under our driveway to our box (at significant cost to them).