• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Tinted-Visored Bum is back

SneakAttack

Not only did this guy try to end the career of U.S Olympian Tim Gleason earlier in the year with a vicious knee-to-knee hit, he decides to now lay one the the dirtiest check-from-behinds I have ever seen on elite Blackhawk defensemen Brian Campbell. Makes me angry that no Blackhawk came to the aid of his fellow teammate.

Not as dirty as Frattin's hit on Wehrs. I don't think it was intentional, just bad luck...you can see he sat there thinking he knew he did something wrong, not getting up like it was nothing wrong. But who really knows.

I still like #8, he's obviously got the skills and everything. I don't care if he acts like a goon after he celebrates his goals.

I don't get why some guys think T-Jack is the future for the Vikings.

He needs someone to do this to him and put him out for a couple games. He does things like this because he knows that the NHL will tolerate it. He got two games for this. This play could have killed someone and he gets two games. If a 3rd liner had his history and did something like this it would be 10 games.

If a Hawk comes in and fights him he get an instigator doesn't he?

The front office of the NHL needs to be cleared out. These guys try to change the game and make it faster then refuse to suspend skill players regardless of what they do. Then , they refuse to let the players police themselves. There's no code of conduct anymore. You see guys kicking other guys (Simon, Pronger), guys racing to the endboards on an icing and pushing the defender into the boards at full speed (OV, the guy that ended Foster's year in '08). This kind of stuff happens and if you scored 20 or more goals in the last three years, you get a free pass.

Boudreau's comment pretty much sums up the NHL's stance towards this type of player and play: "it's not good for the game to suspend Ovechkin"

He and the NHL should be embarrassed by that.

I'd say that was much more dangerous than the Wehrs hit, from behind and right in the neck breaking 4-6 feet from the boards area. Luckily for Campbell he kept his head up and his body took most of the punishment.

It's hard to compare this one to the Wehrs hit since they were very different in nature. Ovechkin's seemed incidental as the guy appeared to be off balance and fragile going into the corner. Ovechkins also looked potentially more harmful. People can say what they want about Ovechkin, I think he's a tremendous talent that has really started putting hockey on the map in the states.

The thing I don't like about Frattin's hit is it's painfully obvious the guy left his feet and was checking with his arms. It seems all too common these days (even on the NHL level) that players are throwing arms around and leaving there feet. Open ice hip checks are a rarity.

Frattins was purely intent to injure, no doubt about it.

This hit, you never know with Ovechkin. The guy isnt really all there in the head. I dont think he wanted to hurt anyone, he just loves to hit people. He needs to get absolutely blasted about 5 times to see what its like. The guy is a great player, and I like to see goal scorers play physical, but this was a dangerous hit/push. It coulda been a career ender for Campbell. I dont think it was as viscous as Frattin, just more dangerous.

I still think the most dangerous hits are where 2 guys are going for the puck towards the boards, parallel to each other, and one guy gives the other a shove, resulting in a face first crash into the boards. Think Roy, form Boston.

I think since the NHL adopted the trapezoid, they need automatic icing. Not allowing the goalie to clear an iced puck then letting two guys go all out towards a wall is asking for trouble.

I don't think OV consciously tries to hurt people, he just doesn't think before he does something. He needs a solid crushing, or a solid suspension or he'll keep running around.

Frattins was purely intent to injure, no doubt about it.

This hit, you never know with Ovechkin. The guy isnt really all there in the head. I dont think he wanted to hurt anyone, he just loves to hit people. He needs to get absolutely blasted about 5 times to see what its like. The guy is a great player, and I like to see goal scorers play physical, but this was a dangerous hit/push. It coulda been a career ender for Campbell. I dont think it was as viscous as Frattin, just more dangerous.

I still think the most dangerous hits are where 2 guys are going for the puck towards the boards, parallel to each other, and one guy gives the other a shove, resulting in a face first crash into the boards. Think Roy, form Boston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX6wqVuAQ6w&feature=player_embedded

If he just wouldn't have left his feet... It's a bummer for two reasons a player got hurt and it wasn't needed. The results would have been darn near the same if he would have stayed on the ice it's a bad deal.

Besides leaving his feet. The boarding aspect is still what really makes it a tough one. I am done with that hit though. Wehrs should have had his head up. Frattin is a Sioux player, of coarse he is going to eat that one up every time. I bet he would do the same thing if he had the opportunity to go back. His interview said he went in for the big hit. He knew what he was doing. That hit isnt all the uncommon. Pick your head up Wehrs.