• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Safe to shoot?

lungdeflator

I had my bow in at Sheels the other day and while I was in there I figured I might as well have them adjust my poundage and draw length for me since I was planning on doing it at some point. It was originally at 70 pounds and had it dropped to 60. This is what the pockets look like now:

bow3.jpg

bow.jpg

Is this ok to shoot? There is a good 3/8" gap there and I did not even think to ask this question while I was in there.

Looks like you have a Ross bow from the pics. So do I. My CR337 manual says you should back the limb bolts out 4 full turns max.

If you are worried about it:

Loosen the 2 bolts on the side of each limb pockets a bit.

Tighten the limb bolts all the way down.

Back the limb bolts out a max of 4 turns

Tighten the 2 bolts on the side of the limb pockets.

Shoot without any worries.

With that style of limb pivot/pocket you can go as far as the limb bolt is long yet still leaves a few threads engaged, even though the company won't tell you that. Only problem is you create less tension in the string and cables and that can create more noise and less energy, and potentially less accuracy.

LD dude, thats why they are adjustable, so people can work up to the he-man weight and show off to their buddies! My PSE goes to 70lbs also but I only pull 60lbs. I'm getting to old to worry about being cool anymore. You just have to set it where you can comfortable and consistently hit your target or Deer. Have faith in the shop that set it up for you and have fun! wink

LD dude, thats why they are adjustable, so people can work up to the he-man weight and show off to their buddies! My PSE goes to 70lbs also but I only pull 60lbs. I'm getting to old to worry about being cool anymore. You just have to set it where you can comfortable and consistently hit your target or Deer. Have faith in the shop that set it up for you and have fun! wink

Right on the money leech! I hunt at about 55 lbs now and don't care what anyone says. When my buddies start shooting more deer with better hits and shorter blood trails than me I may think about hanging it up...NOT!

Im glad im not at that "too old" part yet, but I did realize that a lower poundage would result in better accuracy. I had that same he-man mentality when I bought the bow at 16 and had it at 70.. Now 4 years later Im more concerned about accuracy than anything. Nobody else is there to witness wether your pulling big weight or not anyways