• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sturgeon spear

fishuhalik

That's a really cool video. I have seen some spears before where the tines could be pushed in while the spear entered the fish but they would lock in place when you pushed on them the other way, I bet that would work pretty well for a big sturgeon.

Fished with a friend, his cousin and friends just got back from sturgeon spearing, they had a good time and got 2 for 3 guys. biggest was 180ish, and other was under 100. saw a couple pics on his phone. the 212 was taken close to them. their stories are interesting to say the least.

decoy ranges from anything and everything, bowling pin, toy dinosaur, steel plate .... houses are all rental, some use spears with detatchable handles that release on impact. If you ever see their houses and wonder why there are ten foot plus pvc chimneys, that is for the extended spear handles! lol sounds interesting, but the season ends at 12;30 for the day so there is ample time to get in trouble and not make it out early the next morning!

Whats it taste like. Does it have its own taste or is there something that last like it

It is an oily fish like lake trout.

Only better.

The only issue is that they are very old fish that have tremendous amounts of pollutants in them so you can't eat too much of them.

Growing up (before we knew about pollution and the such) we used to eat them all the time.

Now, not so much.

I have also heard it is really good fried?

I get a few steaks now and then. I compare it to Halibut,I like it! but yes if one thinks about the time they had to accumulate heavy metals well?? I guess it cant be much worse than growing up in a family who ate all their game Ducks,Pheasants,grouse,rabbit,squirrel etc.all taken with lead shot.

That could explain all these nervous tics,uncontrolable shakes???

HaHeHeHe