• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

yamahas grizzly?

Tyler23

Ive got an 05 660. It has been more abuse than any wheeler Ive ever seen, spends more time under water than ubove on most good days. Mine has got just about every mod you can think of, which in the long run causes more problems than its worth. I would buy anouther one but I would buy a set of tires and a snorkel and leave the motor alone.

I have the 2002 660 grizz, and have well over 3000 miles on it with zero problems, it even has the original battery.

the stock tires are not the best, I put on 27 inch 589's, now its much better in snow.

efi would be something that I would get, as mine and I have heard of others say the cold starting gets old.

I have the 2002 660 grizz, and have well over 3000 miles on it with zero problems, it even has the original battery.

the stock tires are not the best, I put on 27 inch 589's, now its much better in snow.

efi would be something that I would get, as mine and I have heard of others say the cold starting gets old.

If there is one downfall of the 660 motor, it's being cold-blooded. My dads Rhino is terribly cold blooded.

All around good machine.....only downfall is the axles.

The 03s where notorious for axle issues. I ran 26" Mud Bugs on mine for the first 3000 miles, I broke one axle on the front at about 750 miles. I was trying to climb out of a hole and the front tires came about a foot off the ground, I didnt back off the throttle and snapped a front axle. They replaced it under warranty. Ive been running 27"X12" Vampires on all 4 for the last 900 miles without issue.

Fuel injection sure would be nice! With my 11.1 compression it is a bear to start bellow 0.

The grizz is a proven platform . It has survived and a great utility bike . Likely the best and consistently the strongest made . Yes there are others , Just not as popular as the grizz .

My next one will be that little Bruin 350 as it is known here in Canada , Grizz in states is what they call it . Great bike for bride and if I go bigger it will be a Kodiak 450 that carries the grizz name in states .

What do I drive ?. A big bear 400 . The father of them all . LOL

Just a vey basic bike .

TD

i got a 400 sportsman 2003 right now but its showing some wear and i just want something different... i wish this one has independant rear suspention but i dont use em much anymore just for ice fishing and hunting so not alot of miles get racked up which is why im looking for something cheap but reliable....

a friend of mine has a 1999 grizzly 600 for $1500 with 2900 miles, new top end at 2300 miles new tires and new winch in box... does that seem like a fair price?

A little FYI on the 600 Grizz is they didn't like water over the tires. That usually meant water making contact with the exhaust pipe. The steam would in turn get drawn in through the carb and make the motor cut out. Keep the front end up and your fine. I wish I still had the video from the ATVAM convention that was held at Redtop in 2000 that showed a 600 grizz riding up the back end of my old SP500, swamping me. blush

well the water over the tires isnt a issue i rarely get into water that deep anymore. just cross a small creek every once in awhile... all i use it for anymore is going to the deer stand and ice fishing. would this be a good machine for that??i know going backwards in years seems odd but mine is pretty wore out and this one has a fresh motor and i dont really see the need to spend 5,000 on a newer one