• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

6th Annual Spearing Get To Gator!

bassNspear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys I gotta work we got a screwed up deal and didnt work today and have to work sunday SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

stick one for me guys and BNS sorry No brownies I have to eat them my self laugh

let me know who wins the title and I'll get the trohpy out to them as soon as I can.

or if thingd goes like last time I will still be the Nord lord laugh

Got your message elwood but I had to leave at noon for other commitments. Only saw some bluegills while I was there. AT 3 a little birdy said nothing had come through still.

Nice to meet merkman, laska, and mrs. laska, and I didn't catch the name of the other fellow I helped cut the hole with. Sorry bud, I'll remember to ask next time.

da_chise I remembered that right after I hung up. was hopeing to get on BNS nerves whistle I got that message as well from that little bird but it wasnt singing that nice of a song wink

Glad to hear you had a good time Scott

I take it that BNS's saw stayed above the ice this time laugh

Saw was good, merk, his wife n I saw the only pike, Ill let merk tell the story of it coming in.... Beautifull day to be out but the Nord-Lord trophy stays with elwood for this year, dont worry tho gordie ill get it from ya next year! laugh

I gave it up for the day to let the trohpy try and leave my possesion but it knows how the real Nord-Lord is so I will take care of it(the trophy)until the next gathering. winklaugh

Not much for names to write on the trophy for this season. grin

My wife and I had a great time at the Get to Gator.

Not much to see most of the day, then Laska came over and we started yacking. We got all caught up in the conversation about the Perham decoy show and since we hadn't seen anything all day so I stopped looking down the hole.

Then I hear holly!!!

And the decoy line was headed right under my feet.

The pike hit my live decoy and took off like a rocket under the ice.

I grabbed the spear and gave the decoy line a yank and the pike came back though the hole as fast as he went out of it.

Back and forth two more times and I didn't have a good enough shot with the spear. So I passed on throwing at him.

Then the pike spit out the live decoy and sat down on the bottom of the lake just out of spearing range.

He just sat there looking at everything and I tried jigging him back in but no luck.

Finally he just swam away never to come back.

So the Nord-Lord trophy stays in Elwoods hands once again.

Bummer!!

No fish to clean anyway.

As long as I have a month n a half notice I can make a gtg up north, brainerd area sounds fun, like next year I'm traveling more, should be a lot of fun plus ill be entering most of the nfda shows next year, should be fun to spear all over the state instead of mostly south like the last 2 seasons, like to try winnie, ND, and rainy lake next year for sure, and most definitely get heidi to spear one, although I'm trying a new spot on sakatah this weekend so maybe she'll get one then but for sure I'm making both GTG's next season!!! gotta get the elwood look-alike trophy laugh