• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

6th Annual Spearing Get To Gator!

bassNspear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'll come down. I'll have to drive separate because I have to leave before noon to be in Waseca for the Sleigh and Cutter contest.

Sakatah is a good spearing lake. Lots of people put their houses out there. Like Laska said, outside turn by the yellow house is a really popular spot. There is a nice drop to deeper water right there that the fish run up on.

You should come back in the summer...Upper and Lower Sakatah have very little development and lots of downed trees and woody cover, a rarity in southern Minnesota. As a result, it's a great bass lake without much pressure. Just get out there right after opener because it gets green and stinky in short time. There is a sewage treatment plant on the lake.

Na fish are great eaten don't know bout the summer tho, I've ate fish from last year and this year- never got sick once, musty say something... Love that lake personally saw some HUGE bass and perch on that lake love to try n fish it early this summer!

My son, behindthehead and I are going to set up 1 or more houses for the get to gather for anyone that wants to use them. We will be at a wedding on the 20th and won't get there until late on the 21. There will be 1 hard house, and if we know ahead of time we can have 2 portables set also. First one to speak up gets them. We let laska know which house is ours.

I'm planning on making it down. Going to bring a friend of mines 9 year old girl that is crazy about spearing and fishing.

How do you do it for food? Is it potluck?

Yep,

You bring it, Elwood cooks it. wink

Bring Brownies... no nutz.... or something pink!!!

Originally Posted By: da_chise31
You going BnS? You guys do know Feb. 21 is a Sunday, right?

i am going, wanta ride along with me? we always try and do it on sundays so people that work saturdays can go!

Guess this is why I'm counting on you being there.