• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My eagles got bling.

Post that on the Duck forum and you'll get plenty of at'a boys. Those guys are always looking for the blinged up birds. Nice shot. I like the band, I haven't seen any shots of banded eagles in the wild. A great capture and a rare find, way to go.

4288430480_1e2c01c523_o.jpg

Here is the best I can get out of it blown up to 100%.

It starts with a B. I did not realize this bird was banded till I got home. If I had known, I would have tried to get a clearer shot of its band or read it with my binoculars. I am always willing to report an animal if I can read its ID. Last summer I reported a cow moose that had a tag in her ear. I got a picture of the tag, and sent in all the info about her like she had a calf at her side, location, time day etc.

Thanks for the link USDA3. I book marked it and if I come across any more federally banded birds I will certianly try to get the band number and send in a report. Its always interesting to learn a little about the bird you saw. I plan on heading back that way this weekend and maybe it will still be feeding on the deer carcasses.

Jay-

Federal USGS bands (silver-aluminum) will most likely, always be numerical. They are of a 9 digit (XXXX-XXXXX) configuration, which would be hard to get the entire band number in a photo, but a partial with species, location, could help narrow it down.

Great shot!