• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fox Sports North (FSN)

Wayne Sieber

Am I the only one who hates FSN??? I am so sick and tired of all the tape delayed games this season (I am talking about Gopher Hockey here) along with last night having to watch a stupid basketball game finish before they would show the Gopher game live. I realize that the pro sports have bigger audiences but it is ridiculous that a NCAA Div school as big as the U doesn't have a dedicated TV station for all the games like many of the other big schools. OK, done venting now but really would like to hear opinions from other Gopher fans.

Totally agree with you on the game last night. Of all the people who get FSN (Minnesota parts of ND) how many of them really cared about a basketball game between Wake Forest and Xavier. Poor choice of programming there and the fact that it went into double OT made it worse mad

Aren't their games on BTN every once in a while? I suppose they don't want to take up their precious bandwidth for hockey when they could use it for things like a 1984 Football game between Ohio State and Iowa.

I completely agree. They really need to get there priorities straight for programming. It's January in Minnesota and the vast majority of us could give a [PoorWordUsage] about Wake v. Xavier. Where's the Hockey!?

That was absolute hogwash what FSN North did to us viewers. I thought we were the State of Hockey? Who gives a rat's behind what happens between a couple of college BB teams from the ACC. It's not like it was the playoffs or a tourney like the Gopher game was. The first half of the first period wasn't aired due to the the 2OT game. The only saving grace was that on one of the two 30 second intervals they showed the Gophers between commercial breaks, you managed to see Hoeffel's PP goal, so at least you didn't miss any scoring.

I'm not a Gopher fan but I watch them when ever there on TV. I was kinda looking forward to Minnesota Northern Michingan game. BTW who won?

NMU won the game.

It all comes down to two items: contracts with teams and conferences and ad revenue/costs. I believe most of their decisions are forced upon them from Los Angeles. FSN is showing less away Gopher games and has cut many high school hockey games because of revenue. Remember last year when they tried to pull off saying they were in an away location (Tech I think) when they were actually broadcasting at their studio? They later admitted their "mistake." It's not going to get better with the Big Ten Network and the economy. Heck, how many times have Gopher games been preempted on WCCO radio and stuck on a third tier station you can't get outside of the 494/694 loop?

I only have a basic cable box but I get FSN North but for those with DirecTV etc. I don't know why FSN can't have an alternative channel like the Big Ten Network does. That way you could just switch to a channel in the 5000's or something and still see the Gophers game. Kinda like when the Gophers football or basketball games get on ESPN and you sometimes have to search all over to find the games!

I'm still a gophers fan, but a bigger Bemidji State fan... the only games I have seen were the 2 against the Gophers so be thankful the Gophers are on a channel many get! The Bemidji States, St Clouds, Duluth's, and Mankatos aren't so lucky! We all love our teams too! Unless you live right in the town and have Charter cable or go to the games you're SOL. Even though there is a HSOforum now that streams many games so they can be watched at $7 a game.

On another note weren't most of the NHL FINALS not even on a network station? I know some games were but not all of them and wasn't the final game on like VS. or something?

Jman,

They don't have 2 channels per se, but they could stream T-pups game in HD and the Gopher's in SD. Then swap on tape delay for those who don't have HD.

I'm a huge Bulldog fan living in the Cities and have the same predicament as you. Go DOGS by the way. 2nd place and scoring goals like mad. My Dad has Charter in Rochester, sometimes I can catch a game down there on a weekend.

And yes, I was not able to watch the NHL finals for years on Vs. until Dish Network finally added it to my package.